P3V4X @ Temp 90oC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3V4X @ Temp 90oC

Does anyone know of a fix for the Asus Probe software where this util indicates that the CPU temp is running @ 90oC?
    This util worked fine with my PIII450 but as soon as I upgraded to a PIII667 133MhzFSB I get some amazing Temp spikes. If the CPU is in idle then it will sit around 40oC, as soon as I run 3DMark 2000 it shoots up to 90oC. The Bios also shows that the temp is 90oC.

I am running the latest Bios, Asus Probe & have checked the heat sink. If it is truly running at 90oC then I would loose a layer of skin. (This is not the case)

I have turned off all temp detection and un-installed Asus Probe. I do like the util and would like to have this running again if possible.

Thanks for any feedback

I noticed some troubles too with the Asus Probe software, regarding Voltages.
    The solution for my problem was to downgrade the software to 2.10 in stead of 2.11.

But, when I had my PIII 600/512/100 on an Asus P2b my proc went up to 90C also.
    The same proc made 50C on my P3V4X. I had a socket370 PIII 667/256/133 later on, it also made it till 50 approx.
    Now I got a 733/256/133 Slot1, and this one comes till 50C.. Dunno where the temp comes from but I don't see it as a problem.

Note: I hate overclocking

Another experience I have is that I once saw a Celeron366 that created enormous temperature with very little work, this one was replaced for a new one :P

Hope this is usefull to you..

Greetings..

------------------

Comment

Booker, if you think it's a software problem, you might want to try either Motherboard Monitor or Hardware Sensor Monitor Pro. Both support the P3V4X.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
      X