IRQ Dance on a BH6.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRQ Dance on a BH6.........

Well I have been having problems everyonce in awhile with my Intelliexporler optical mouse cutting out on me every once in awhile, esp if the computer is under heavy load. I tried the new 3.2 Drivers and I still don't have any luck with it. So I noticed that the USB hub and my SB live are sharing the same IRQ. I orgnially had the SBlive in the last PCI slot, which I thought was the same slot that the USB Hub uses for an IRQ. So yesterday I pulled out the SB live and put it into the second to last PCI slot and I'm still having the same problem where the IRQ is being shared! I even assigned the PCI slots each a IRQ but still no luck. Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB DOA....

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

The manuel should be tell which slot shares with what if you still got it. I've got a BF6 so I can't help you on that.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've got a BH6 too, and found that very thing out the hard way. It goes something like this:

AGP -
      PCI - shares with AGP
      PCI -
      PCI -
      PCI - shares /w USB
      PCI - shares /w USB
      ISA -
      ISA -

The best thing for the last 2 PCI slots is to put in a NON-BusMastering PCI device, like a Voodoo2 or NE2000/RealTek compatible PCI card. They will share the IRQ (well, if I remember right the Voodoo2 does not need an IRQ).

Hope you've got PCI slots available.
      Whyzzi@themail.com
      ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Working...
      X