Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any opinion on these two free anti-virus programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinion on these two free anti-virus programs?

Ok I was wondering out of
    AVG 6.0 antivirus and InnoculateIT person edition, which one you guys would deem better. I know both are free, I also know that both are Win2k compatible. I know avg 6.0 scans email but I dont think InnoculateIT does. Any testimonials?

------------------
    Celeron 300a@464 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 192 Pc100, Matrox G400 32 SH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends
    Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

hmm no opinions guys?

------------------
    Celeron 300a@464 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 192 Pc100, Matrox G400 32 SH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends
    Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

Comment

Hi PR-man,

I use innoculate at home and it seems to be working good.

I feel more safe now than I did with Norton AV.

Cheers,
      Maggi
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I'm using InnoculateIT personal edition, and I kinda like it. It doesn't show up much in the foreground, and you can tweak it to your own needs.

As for it scanning (or not scanning) email-attachments: One should know by now to safe only attachments you trust, and delete any posts with attachments you don't trust. The majority of AV scanners don't know the latest virii anyway, so why scan your email as well? Next to that, I'm using NS, so any VB attachments have a hard time starting by themselves anyway (although I may be mistaken by that!!)

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I use InoculateIT, and I like it.
          BUT, the reasons I like it are that it is unobtusive and doesn't crash my system, and it is updated frequently.
          In all the time I have had PCs only once has a virus gotten near my machine. A floppy (360k ) came home infected from the university. I cought it before it could infect my machine.
          Good AV practices will protect you better than any program.
          After all, no AV programmer could predict all the possible infections and infection paths your machine will face.
          So I'm not sure whether it scans well or not.
          chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 04 August 2000).]
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
          X