Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swiss army card (all check boxes ticked) - drivers to follow ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swiss army card (all check boxes ticked) - drivers to follow ;)

http://www.ati.com/na/pages/products...eon/index.html

Looks interesting, probably have more bugs than a STD clinic.

but interesting, very interesting.

------------------
    P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,BT ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

And all for the low low price of your first born child!

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

i'd give my right arm to play FPS games using that card......

Damn no mouse arm, ARGHHHH!

------------------
      P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,BT ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Comment

hmmm ... I can't find DualHead ...

It surely looks like an interesting product though.

Questions remaining:

how good is the visual quality in 2D, 3D & video ?
        how good/stable are the drivers ?
        will support for that card also be dropped as soon as the follow up is done ?

Cheers,
        Maggi
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

ah sparked maggi's interest.

In answer to your question (which I guess where retorical - you already know the answers but for benefit of readers)

Questions remaining:

how good is the visual quality in 2D, 3D & video ?

ATI has great dvd, fair 2d, by all accounts the new card has nice 32bit 3d. Some wierd artifacting in 16bit.

how good/stable are the drivers ?

Normally refered to as "Dog Toffee" i.e. bad very bad

will support for that card also be dropped as soon as the follow up is done ?

As for dropping it, as soon as it hits the shelves they will be working on the FURY version and the drivers will never see the light of day.

But having said that if they prove me wrong and support it, to the level I have had from Matrox/Murc I would buy one!

Comment

Thanx for your honest reply !!!

When asking for video, I was not asking only for DVD, but also all other video formats ...
            I know that ATI has some very nice DVD capabilities, but I have no clue how good the support for other codecs is, therefore I asked.

A very big ROTFLMAOWPMP to your comments about their drivers and the (sometimes for a short while existing) support ...

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardwa...ti/default.asp

Just posted, interesting but nowhere near finished yet.
              One thing though check out the 4x fsaa in highquality 800x600 47.7fps

Now that to me is nice

Quote "There is one thing we feel that we should mention. It has no relevance to FSAA whatsoever, but it plays just as great a role in image quality. The texturing done by the Radeon was spectacular. Everything was in so much more detail. Trees in the distance had a crisp look to them. The road was the defining factor, with the grain and feel of it really came out to us. Road lines were much more in focus than the ones on the Voodoo5."

------------------

Comment

ATI is where Matrox is in danger of going. Excellent hardware, pretty darn good display quality, drivers from hell.

Their video playback (not just DVD but all video) is unparalleled. Their overlays are a joy to behold. They make grown men weep. However, since the drivers are broken on a build-to-build basis, it is almost not worth it.

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

"They make grown men weep."

I love that remark, I saw "American Beauty" last night. Really good film. Did'nt make me weep but thought provoking all the same.

Back to the subject in hand if the next Matrox card is faster but the drivers are equally bad, I may jump ship to ATI. I've tried twice before with Nvidia cards but they are just too problematic for me. Stick to the devil you know.

------------------

Comment

thats an ati card .... what driver follow up?????

looks nice but im willing to wait and see what matox has got up its sleaves

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 03 August 2000).]
                    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Over the last year or more, I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said that DVD was the only thing ATI got RIGHT. Worst drivers and support in the industry bar NONE.

Bart
                      Bart

Comment

Working...
                      X