ISDN card whats the best one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISDN card whats the best one?

I have a BT speedway card and its pretty pants, anyone care to suggest the best isdn card for the uk and gaming?

------------------
    P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,BT ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Well, if you're serious about it I would suggest a router instead of an internal or external TA. It's more convenient (transparent dialup) and more secure (if it does packet filtering) and if it does NAT you can connect multiple PC's to a normal (single IP) internet account. And since you connect it to an ethernet card/LAN you don't suffer from bandwidth limitation and IRQ overhead (like an RS232ish interface).

Drawback is that ISDN routers are pretty expensive and it can be a pain to set it up right (call filtering and stuff).

P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Before cable I had ISDN. I had exellent results with a 3COM adaptor-Courier I-Modem ISDN & V.90. I'm not sure if they are now marketed as 3COM or US ROBOTICS. Mine was an internal model, they are available as internal and external. Also nice is that they will do V.90 over an ISDN line; handy if you need to dial in someplace.

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie
      Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

at work i use an ascend pipeline 50. ascend was bought by lucent now tho so look for it under the lucent name. it is a nice little external box and does full routing with full rules for blocking incoming and outgoing traffic.

Comment

just installed the asuscom isdn adaptor, big difference. Certainly worth the money.

Also changed isp went from

bt internet isp/ bt speed way card 150 to 250 ping

to

24-7 freecall isp /Asuscom isdn card 47 to 60 ping
          P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Comment

Working...
          X