Abit BX6r2 & latest BIOS, numlock stays on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit BX6r2 & latest BIOS, numlock stays on

I absolutely love my Abit BX6 rev 2 mobo, and it has been the most stable, trouble free mobo that I've used in quite a while. I've decided that I'd like a little more juice than my ol' P3-450, so I am going to roll my dice in overclocking a celermine 566.

I looked at Abit's bios page, and the latest bios for the bx6r2 does support the celermine 566. In preparation, I went ahead and flashed in the latest bios, which is QR.

However, now whenever I shutdown from w95, it will power down, but it leaves the num-lock light on! Spooky, eh? I looked through the cmos settings and everything looks OK, just about like I had it before I flashed. I haven't tried reinstalling w95 yet, but I'm probably way overdue; it's been a few weeks.

Anybody else had this same problem? A persistant num-lock light even when powered down? Very odd. If I turn off numlock before I shutdown, it stays off.

Maybe the QR bios has the ability to power on by a key combination, hence leaving power on the keyboard.

Just a suggestion.
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

actually it does...

I use CTRL-F1 to powerup the system ;-)

however, I do not get any numlock on at all or something similar (but I never tried to turn it on before shutting down)

Comment

I saw this with the previous BIOS for the BE6. It was fixed with the most recent BIOS release.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thanks for the toughts. I guess this is just a feature that I will have to live with.

I think that the latest bios took that Motel-6 commercial a bit to far: "...and we'll leave the num-lock light on for you!"

Comment

my BX^r2 also has the numlock light on, iuse the keyboard to power up, this might be the thing. at least you can find your pc in the dark!
            1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
            Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
            Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Ive got a BX6r2 and the light doenst stay on. Are you guys using a USB keyboard or something?

My MS explorer mouse (USB) stays on all the time through the USB port (glows red), but if I plug it into the PS2 port, the light goes off.

I have set the keyboard boot to Ctrl-F12 though, cos thats what my pc at work uses.

Ali

Comment

Working...
              X