X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K SP1

The real thing: http://mssjus.www.conxion.com/downlo...sp1network.exe

Thanks to ActiveWin
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Thanks, I already tried all search engines looking for "sp1network.exe".

Comment

It's even better, the 84MB package is now downloadable from three conxion sites:

San Jose
      Chicago
      Herndon

Thanks to BetaNews
      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I knew ADSL would come in handy

Oh BTW Hunsow, thanks for the nitpick 'space after from:' tip. Looks more aesthethic that way don't you think

[This message has been edited by Sisyfos (edited 29 July 2000).]
        P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
        Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

anyone install it yet...anything noticably different?

------------------
          There is no such thing as a stupid question...Only stupid people asking questions.

Comment

Here is a list of bugs they reportedly fixed in SP1:
            http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q259/5/24.ASP

Comment

My @Home service is DLing it now (I already have it tho) @ 1900kbps sustained from Chicago.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

just finished with the install(..i got it in 25 min. with roadrunner!) no problems so far.

cc

Comment

Took 6:40 using a RCA DCM215
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Showoff, it took me a bit longer with my ISDN line. Only one small problem, ZoneAlarm didn't work correctly anymore, I couldn't connect to the internet at all while it was running. I only used it because BlackIce didn't have a version yet that worked with Windows2000, but now it does so I installed that and deleted that ZoneLabs crap.

Comment

Took 7 minutes even using my surfboard

Comment

Now that SP1 is installed maybe it's time to install the latest (beta) directx8 as well:

http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/cgi-bin/s...type=All+files

Comment

Thanks for the links guys. This is my first big cable download (Rogers came today), and I can't stop giggling. 156k/sec may not seem like a big deal to you guys, but when you just upgraded from 56k, MAN!!!

Bart
                          Bart

Comment

According to CNET SP1 indeed disables ZoneAlarm and BID as well.

I'm using ProtectX at the moment, but so far no reports of an attack, which I can't believe, so this one probably also isn't working.

Comment

please don't start bragging about internet downloadingspeeds... if you do I feel the urge to to tell the speed of my connection, and then all the people with even T1 will be pissed

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 01 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X