@Home is now installed, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Home is now installed, but...

I can't get ICQ to connect. Currently running the latest build of BID. Any suggestions?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Do you have any firewalls running? Does @Home use a proxy?

(edit) Heh, silly me. You have BID running. I think you have to lower security settings? I'm not sure, I use ZoneAlarm.

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 30 July 2000).]

Comment

I just tried to use ICQ and it's not working for me either, probably an @home thing.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hehehehe, I could have sworn I just spoke to you on ICQ.

Rags

------------------
        Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Look here for a way to take care of @home proxy problems. http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002156.html

chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

First off, WOW, this is fast! )

Secondly, none of that thread applies to me CJ. I wouldn't allow them to install their junk.
            They did manage to do everything possible to expose me to the net. Enabled File and Printer sharing via TCP/IP and hosed my peer to peer network, what a bunch of NOROMs :\

Flipside is I have it all running fine... just wish they could! This has taken three days because the original trio forgot to check for a signal inside. :\
            All of Indiana was affected by a DNS blackout earlier today and all email is dead (from what I understand it has been like this for 2 days now :\

Now does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent these "script kiddies" from whacking ICQ?
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

The script kiddie won't do so much anymore, Mike

But you should've read it in my "update"
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jordene, maybe you should attend to other matters that are more pressing than to jabber about things you truely don't have a clue about!

Comment

Greebe:

I'm getting @home tomorrow, and I know NOTHING of internet security and firewalls. If you know of any good web pages with firewall info, I'd be in your debt.

Bart
                  Bart

Comment

Greebe:

Ignore that last message. I found your other firewall thread. Thanks for the great info; excellent stuff.

Bart
                    Bart

Comment

OK I've made some progress... the nic that they installed is causing the problem.

On the + side, my DL rate seems to go upto 3.2mbps!

Comment

Working...
                      X