Micosoft Intellimouse 1.1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micosoft Intellimouse 1.1A

When I move my mouse fast it's very irratic, it drags to the edge I'm moving away from.
    I tried re-installing the driver in windows but there is no difference. It is a PS/2 type.
    I can't find the download section anywhere on the microshite site. Can someone point me to the EXACT location or tell me how to fix...

Cheers.

Might be a bad mouse. Might need the rollers cleaned. Try it in a different computer. If it acts the same, it is one of the above. If cleaning doesn't fix it, it's time to get a new one.

My best guess is that it is not the driver. It is a dead mouse.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 28 July 2000).]

Comment

It sounds like the Optical IntelliMouse. It has that exact 'feature'. Not much good at 'acceleration'.
      Anyway, the drivers are here Microsoft Mouse - Download Drivers
      P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
      Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Sysifos.

I remember now. My mouse is the intellimouse (ball), although it has a wheel. The download page seems to be the same regardless off the mouse, ie. Intellimouse 3.2 (in various languages). It was this download (eng.exe) that screwed my mouse up in the first place. Do you think I should go for a downlevel driver, if so where can I get one. My mouse is uncontrollable. I don't want to re-install windows as I have boot manager and Linux installed and Windows installation will shaft my lovely setup. heeeeelllllllllppppppppppp!

Comment

Try going to the mouse properties either in Control Panel or by doubbleclicking the mouse icon in the System Tray, then choose Pointer Options.
          There you'll see the Accelerate... button. I noticed that the 3.2 version defaults to High, whereas the earlier versions defaulted to low.
          Try experimenting with the different settings.
          As far as I know, the only news in 3.2 is for Win2K and WinME compatibility.
          Anyway, haven't you got the original drivers on floppy or CD?
          If all fails I can mail you the 3.1 drivers, just mail me your address (see my profile). It comes at a pretty hefty 4.10 MB zipped.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Sisyfos (edited 29 July 2000).]
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Working...
          X