G400 in WinME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 in WinME

Yo boys! Well... Installed the final ME version and my G400 DualHead dosn't work. It installs but every time I reboot i get the BSOD with the following msg:
    Filename: VMM(01) + 0000C0C1 Error : 0e : 0028 : C000D0C1

I have tried ALL the available drivers... First i thought that it was Powerdesk that screwed up so i installed the drivers without it. But still the same thing... (and a kinda f**ked up Desktop =)). I do wonder if it's something with my combination of hardware that could be screwing up? The gfxcard is sitting in a ABIT Vt6x4 with a P3 on it. Also 256 mb PC133 memory...

Maybe some1 of you haxxors recognize the problem and could maybe help me out. Yeah, I know... The guys at Matrox will not support the OS until it's in the stores yada yada yada... =) But I lay my trust to those other users of the forum. I know the skills are out there... So let's see if you can figure out a solution. =)

Don't have the WinME final yet, but when I get it I'll tell you if I got it to work.

To fix the blue screens you may want to enter in under Safe Mode (hit F8 after POST, before the WinME start-up screen appears) and delete all the Matrox install files and switch the video adaptor to Standard VGA.

I theory you should be able to use the Win2k drivers. The theory behind WinME and Win2k is you make one set of drivers and use it for all new M$ OS's. This is just what M$ says, so I have no clue if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Tried with win2k drivers... Didn't wrk. Ppl seems to think it's the VIA drivers fault. Experimenting with it at the moment. Plz come back if you come up with something! =)

Comment

ME=9x
        NT=NT

NT drivers do not work in 9x. Never have. Never will.
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

HMm... I tried the Via Inf drivers v 1.02 wich acctually contains drivers for WinME. wee... Amazing. But anywayz... Didn't help... Still stranded... =/

Comment

DosFreak,

DirctX=DirectX

M$ plans on making it so you write one driver for DirectX and you can use it with WinME and Win2K. I don't think anyone has done this yet, but I thought it would be worth a try anyway. Because although the OS's are different, the graphics sub-system is essentially the same.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

=

Comment

===
                (easy way of getting closer to 100 posts)
                P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

First problem: you installed WinMe.

Not to sound like an ass, but get a real OS. My experience with WinMe has been more disappointing than 98SE, and infinitely more disappointing than Win2k.

WinMe doesn't have very good device support right now, so don't expect everything to work. I have used 98SE drivers in WinMe for modems and they have worked rather well. I wouldn't recommend using Win2k drivers for Me since, afterall, it is still more like 98SE than it is like Win2k. Wait until people release identical Win2k drivers and Me drivers before trying that one out.

b
                  Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Neo,
                    Your problem isn't winME related, it's VIA related. I just had the same thing last weekend when installing an Abit VA6.

Solution (i found it at matrox tech support forums, and it worked for me) :

1 remove everything matrox related (with uninstall util)
                    2 reboot
                    3 make windows run on standard VGA driver
                    4 reboot into computer bios
                    5 make sure you have USB ENABLED (don't ask me why.. this MUST be done according to via)
                    6 reboot
                    7 Install latest VIA 4in1 drivers
                    8 reboot
                    9 Install Matrox drivers

These steps should solve your problem.

PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

WEll.. They are a pain in the ass to install proper on WinME... I am working on it and will comeback if it works... =).

I have gotten further in my haunt to get this to work. And acctually... I'm almost there. Seems like ya have to edit the "PCI bus" in the Device Manager and disable Irq Steering. This made the system pretty stable and i can reboot without BSOD. But i still have kinda messed up gfx. Buttons and small graphic looks like a mess. The strange this is that it seems so random...

What I'm doing at the moment is to play around with difrent settins in the PCI bus settings dialouge. I will comeback if i find something more =)

I have also edited the BIOS and made it assign IRQ to USB and AGP. Seems like this is necessary. And i made the VIA drivers to install to after a while.

Another funny thing is that when it's all installd I can go back to the original PCI Bus settins and acctually it seems like those settings give me the best performence...

If this information have gotten any1 of you to think about what the problem could be. Plz inform me! =) And yes... I'm verry confused! =)

Comment

Still no succes in creating a stable WinME system with my G400 on a VT6X4. I have fooled around in the bios settings and tested EVERYTHING! But i still get messed up GFX and random lockups. So I really dunno what could be wrong. As you can see of the posts above I have atleast gotten a bit further. I can now reboot without hangup and it dosn't crash quite as often.

But I wonder... There must be some1 else out there with the same setup that tested WinMe... Any comments ideas...?

Comment

If it ain't broken why did you try to fix it?

Win98SE runs absolutely fine, and unles you are going int oWIN2k...stay with WIN98...you are just causing yourself unneccessary grief with WinME...bored are you?

Comment

useing MILL-G400 SH 32megs , on WinMe build:3000 with 5.55 drivers without any problems have you tried these drivrs ?? I knowe its for MARVELS but try it..they work fine for me

------------------
                            PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound MX400 ,IntelliMouse Explorer

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

The interesting is the rest of your setup. Memory...? Mainboard...?

Comment

Working...
                              X