Aureal bought by nVidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aureal bought by nVidia

It would appear things are looking better for the A3D standard.
    http://investor.search.com/search?ta...URL%26read=856

Okay... if that's true, all you with your MX300 will have to d/l your new drivers from... [dreaded drumroll please]nVidia

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

"It would appear things are looking better for the A3D standard."

And world domination.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Is that really true??

Comment

Betcha it is.... then all nVidia has to do is cut a sweet deal with Intel to provide onboard video <u>and sound</u> chips for all their blasted all-in-one boards.

And if the boards work, they'd be pd good, too, considering the current state of integrated boards.

Goodbye, ATI...

It's too good an idea not to be true, imo.

-------------------------
          Holly

Comment

WHY GOD, WHY ?
            Of all the companies out there, couldn't they have been bought by someone with tradition in sound card making ?

Comment

It'll be for their next GeFarce.. the All-In-3

Video, Sound and the gameport on one card, plus the extra's they can think of, like Dual-View<sup>TM</sup>, 32Mb DDR RAM and all that for the bargain price of $750 dollar. Want the 64Mb version? Only $1015 ...

"At least it's NOT only a videocard"

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yeah, it'll be the Geforce POS!

*Integrated suxs!
                C:\DOS
                C:\DOS\RUN
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Laugh you Sound Blaster bastards, laugh, but A3D is the best

Comment

That post was from June 30th, and no one on the nVidia group seems to know a thing about it.
                    I want Aureal and A3D to live and I don't give a rat's ass WHO buys them, but I won't believe the nVidia rumor till it is announced. Problem is, most of Aureal's employees are already long gone. All that is left is the technology and the unsold/unshipped product. Not much to start from...

Comment

"Of all the companies out there, couldn't they have been bought by someone with tradition in sound card making ?"

Does NV1 or Diamond Edge3D ring a bell?

P.S.
                      I think CL should be bought by Matrox, so we can have good sound hardware, with _GOOD_ drivers, i.s.o. this half-baked liveware crap
                      ------------------
                      - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 18 July 2000).]

Comment

Hey now we get to buy a sound card every six months now!

No thank you I'll stick with my Soundblaster...

Scott

------------------
                        Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB DOA....

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Long Live SB!
                          PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                          128mb pc-100 cas 2
                          Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                          Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                          SB Live!
                          Winblows 98se & DX7
                          and 384k DSL!

Comment

This is what David Gasior from Vortex Of Sound (http://www.vortexofsound.com) had to say about it (found somewhere in the forums there):

"First, Aureal is a public company in bankruptcy court. For any company to decide to actually buy them, it must go before the court. This means that all stockholders must be notified of such a plan before it actually occurs. Nvidia just can't come in, buy them, and no one has known anything about it."

I don't know anything about those legal issues in the U.S., but if this statement is correct then the news about nVidia buying Aureal seem to be just rumours...

Georg

Comment

Hmm, wonder if the rumour started at MURC.

Comment

Working...
                              X