Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best type of chipset for a Slot A (Athlon) Mainbord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best type of chipset for a Slot A (Athlon) Mainbord?

Hi!
    Im going to buy a Athlon MB and i would like to have opinions on the best chipset.

I have built a system with an MB that had AMD's chipset but im rather unshure about the Via chipsets.

Thanks in advance!

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    256 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX140E 8/4/32 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I thought the AMD 750 Irongate was the one with the least problems (with the latest BIOS and drivers that is)...

VIA is just notorious for problems... just read all the forum posts which mention the name "VIA" and "Athlon" or "K7"

Comment

Well Since it's most likely will be paired with the slowest awailable Athlon it will probably be the most reliable solution.

Thanks for the advice!

------------------
      INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
      G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
      SBlive
      256 MB RAM CAS2
      43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
      Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
      SONY CRX140E 8/4/32 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Unless you must buy it now, take one honest advice: wait for AMD 760.

Comment

Working...
        X