CDaudio and Media Player 7??? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDaudio and Media Player 7??? Help!

Hi. When I installed Media player 7 on my machine, all is well except if I try to play an audio cd, it only plays the first few seconds of the song, quits and then plays the next one. On and on like this. All else works correctly tho and I really like it. Oh and the regular CD player will play the whole cd. Help?

------------------
    AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Hi,

I use the media player under win2k, and it the cd player plays cds well (although, doesn't sound as good to me as the built in cd player????), It will skip to the next song right away, if I have the cdplayer loaded and then start a cd, it's like the cdplayer and WMP7 compete for the songs. Another VERY annoying bug is that it doesn't recognize CD's properly, what I mean is that some cd's that are loaded, it will go online and find out what album it is and what tracks are named. Well, that's all fine and good if the darned thing found the right album and disc. If any of you happen to have the new Pink Floyd Live Wall album, pop in disc two and see for yourself, it's recognized as disc one, and the tracks correspond to disc one. The mission impossible 2 soundtrack is not recognized, and I found several other albums that simply don't get found properly, all this while the built in cdplayer finds them great, and recognizes them correctly.

Rags

------------------
    Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

So Rags, what do I do to make the cdaudio part of WMP7 play the whole cd or even the whole song? I find that with the wow bass thing it sounds very nice, and so I want to use it!

------------------
      AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

Comment

Bohrn,

Just goto tools, options, formats and check the box next to cd audio track. Make sure that the cdplayer in windows isn't open when playing mediaplayer and cd's.

Thanks for the tip on the wow srs, I just found the settings, maybe I can make it sound better.

Rags

------------------

Comment

Well, still only plays the first 11 seconds or so, and then the sound stops, but it still shows that it is playing. Then in a few more seconds it starts the next song. Oh and I don't even have another CD player on my system. HElp!!

------------------

Comment

You haven't got Autoplay enabled have you that can cause problems.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Never had it since I first installed, way back when. It annoys me. Rags how did ya like the SRS settings?

------------------

Comment

I like them, most sounds are just about as good as winamp, with the exception of mp3's. Must be the decoder in winamp, because listening back to back, there is just no comparison.

Rags

------------------

Comment

It is the (superior) mp3 decoder in Winamp.
                  Sonique though has the best sounding mp3 decoder I've heard, that's why I use it instead. Some people don.t like the interface or prefer how Winamp sounds though.
                  I haven't tried WMP7 (non-beta) with CDs yet but the beta put spaces between tracks, very annoying if you're listening to Mix CDs (one continuous mix with track numbers being index points)
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                  X