Case Pics and some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Pics and some questions...

I notice the fan connectors on the mobo's are rated or 4.0 watts and most 80mm fans are rated for 2.0 Watts. Can I connect two fans together and plug them in to one connector? Has anyone done this?

What do you all think of my modifications to my case? And the last pic is the tools I used just in case someone wants to do it themselves.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Nice job. I have been tempted to do something like that with a mid-tower case I had, but I ended up buying a full-tower case to solve the space and ventilation problem. Once I moved my hot HD to the top of the case by an exhaust fan, my case heating problem was solved.

(It is simple to get a "Y" connector for the fans and connect them to one header. I have done this repeatedly.

Comment

Nice cases I've got a slightly different version though.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'm going to paint my case tonight. What should I paint on it? You see, my mobo and chip will not be ready for 2-3 weeks, so I'm killing time until then

The Pit, what does you case look like?

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

In the days of the Atari ST there used to be a programmer called Jeff Minter you could always spot his PC because it was painted like the Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon album cover. The monitor was done to look like an Egyptian Pyramid complete with hieroglyphics! You may want to try something similar yourself, I would recomend the former rather than the later
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Hey Helevitia, what does the front look like. The extra fans are, pardon the pun, cool.

JP
            Workstation Specs:
            Pentium 4 2 GHz, ASUSTek P4T-E i850, 1024 MB PC800 RDRAM, ATi Radeon 8500 64m, Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, 3Com 3C905TX-C NIC, Western Digital 80g ATA100 HD, Sony 16x/40x DVD-ROM, Sony CD-RW 175S/C, 19" Sony 420GS, and Windows XP Pro.

Comment

What cpu and mb will be put in that case?

Comment

Taz, Thanks for the idea. I didn't get around to painting it tonight, but if and when I do, I'll post a pic of it.

Jeff, hmmm...? Look at this post:

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000641.html

BrianR, I'm going to put an Athlon, probably 800, and an Asus A7V.

Dave

Comment

One thing not mentioned here is that it may be better to run all extra case fans off the power supply instead of the mother board connectors. This helps reduce the electrical noise on the mother board and may be helpful for overclocking.

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                  X