G400 MAX vs TNT2 ULTRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX vs TNT2 ULTRA

What's the speed of your PC? If it's a PIII, go for the G400.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

SteveC's right (as usual, hehe). In fact, given your requirements, as long as you have at least a P3, the G400Max might actually be a little faster than the TNT2U. As far as outputting video to TV, seems like the Dual-Head G400 is far and away (at the moment) the best game in town.

------------------
    Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hey, Olleman, SteveC has a point, but... just how long do you expect to be using this card for, anyway?

If it's just to tide you over till the next-gen shows up (meaning for a few months, maybe till even Xmas or so, though you'll prolly be getting annoyed by that time), you might want to save a few bucks and get the TNT2... but if you want it to last you for a while (meaning a year or so), get the MAX.

Or is that not a consideration for you?

Anybody know about the TV output of the TNT2 Ultra?

---------------------------
      Holly

Comment

I have heard some about the TV-out on the TNT2 and that is that it's very good! Don't know how good in comparison to the G400 MAX.

Anyway I have a PII 400@448 and 128 SDRAM. I'm not really planning to change card in the near future...so the one I buy now I'd like to keep for a while!

By the way! I have heard and have gotten it confirmed that TNT2 Ultra can use the transparent subtitles in Micro DVD Player, have anyone tested this with the g400 cards ? And in that case, does it works ?

Regards, Olle

Comment

G400 MAX vs TNT2 ULTRA

Hi!

I'm about tp buy the TNT2 Ultra or the G400 MAX. Could someone give me some guidience ??

I want to primary output my DivX movies to TV and secondary play games as fast and nice as possible. Could anyone tell me of some advantages/disadvantages between thoose two cards, please??

Best regards, Olle

Comment

Working...
          X