Mmm interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm interesting

Fixed the earlier problems with Internet connection sharing but I think microsoft need to work on it a bit.
    Now to interesting problem number two. If I install connect on demand the damn host computer with the shared drives insist on trying to make a dial up connection if I try to access the shared drives from the other computer.
    I fixed it by removing this option but now I have to get up and manuelly tell it to Dail when I want an internet connection. Doh.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Maybe your Dial-Up Adapter is bound to the Microsoft Network Client.
    If you unbind it, you'll even close the infamous port 139.

/Kim
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

At the moment I've just uninstalled Dailup on demand and living with that.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

TP, do you by any chance use the DNS on the client machine? Did you set them to the DNS of the ISP? If so, try removing them and setting the DNS to the IP address of the server. (Gateway as well)

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Installed new network cards that run at 100 and under 98 at least the host machine no longer dials out when the network drives reconnect. Now win2k maybe different.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X