PPoE Over Eithernet....(DSL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPoE Over Eithernet....(DSL)

Looking around for a different connection software, one that will do both dual CPU's and Win 2000 correctly, I found this for free...

The problem is that pacbell has not updated the software on there site; it turns out that it can be gotten from the manufacturer for $30. Yeah it's not much but free is free.

I am going to try it as soon as I post this. Thought others might have been in the same boat as I.

Jeff

------------------
    Remember when naps were a bad thing?

-------------------------------
    You stop learning when you are die, and some people just don't know the're dead yet!
    -------------------------------
    ABIT BP6 - 2 x Celeron 500 - 256MB Ram - MX300 - 3Com 509c - 3com 905tx - Creative PC DVD 6x - G400 DH - DSL (True Love Here) - Win98 se - Win 2000 pro

-We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

NAT32 can do that also. BTW, it would have been helpful if you actually told us what the program is you're refering to.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

http://www.dslreports.com/pppoe
      has some info on PPPoE.
      You might want to ask in the forums at DSLReports, they might be able to help you.

Comment

Boy that's pretty funny... Its called RASPPPOE.
        http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/%7Enormanb/

Just seeing if you were paying attention...

As it turns out I didn't get it to work. It said that it should with my ISP but who knows, with the shape my system is in right now I am suprised it even boots...

I'll try the others and see if I have better luck...

Jeff

Member of the COC!

Food for thought...

Comment

I'm running the RASPPPoE right now. My ISP's software required deep magic to get it running on Win2k the first time. Forgot to right down all the steps, so when I reformatted I couldn't get it going again. RASPPPOE is smaller, faster and so easy to use. Damn good piece of work.

Rick

------------------
          ASUS P3V4X,Celeron 366@555, 2.25v, 128mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 10GB, 4.3GB Fujistu, Creative 24x, Creative X-Gamer, D-Link NIC, ISA Modem

Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

yep i use the raspppoe (free) protacall with win2k as well love it so much faster than internet 300 crap (and it stays connected not like intercrap 300 witch drops me from time to time.
            msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
            it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Well I tried once more to get raspppoe to install. On re-boot my system locked. I entered safe mode and again re-booted (seems to help sometimes). It then would BSOD or lock when doing anything with networking or the DSL. By the by, right now I am trying it in 98se not 2000. Once my now HD comes in I will do a clean install of both OS's and see if it was a driver conflict or just bad ju ju...

Leter,

Jeff

Member of the COC!

Food for thought...

Comment

Working...
              X