Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P3V4X and G400

Hullo all-

I'm trying to get a Millenium G400 video card to work with my Asus P3V4X motherboard. I see that - as per http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001607.html - that other people have manged this, but I can't seem to. I've tried two different boards, but they both give the video subsystem failure beeps on power-up. On a third board (an Asus P3B-F), it works perfectly well as far as I can tell, and the P3V4Xes work beautifully with other video cards.

Matrox tech support wasn't much help (suggesting updating the BIOS and flashing the video card, neither of which helped) so I'm asking here to see what you think.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have...

I've had no trouble with the board recognizing my card. The only thing I noticed is that the P3V4X's slots seem very tight. The first couple of times I really had to force a card into a slot, particularly the AGP one. Make sure that the card is properly seated, that would be my first guess. Aside from that see if you can find a friend with a G400 and try his or take your's to another P3V4X. Try to figure out if it's the motherboard or the card itself.

------------------
    ASUS P3V4X,Celeron 366@555, 2.25v, 128mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 10GB, 4.3GB Fujistu, Creative 24x, Creative X-Gamer, D-Link NIC, ISA Modem

Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Working...
    X