Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaim memory that Windows neglects to release!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaim memory that Windows neglects to release!!

I've downloaded and installed Mem-Trax II and haven't had a problem with opening as many as possible Netscape and IE windows as possible.

No more memory leaks for me. This program releases memory used by Windows, but which it doesn't give back to you.

Try it. It's Win95/98 only.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

There are lots of those around. I use this one, it's for Windows 95/98/NT/2000:

http://customizer.tripod.com/ram.html

Comment

I found this one to work the best

jim
      PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
      128mb pc-100 cas 2
      Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
      Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
      SB Live!
      Winblows 98se & DX7
      and 384k DSL!

Comment

I too have installed the ultimate solution to memory leaking...

Comment

And I've found another

Paul.

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 05 July 2000).]
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I hate Windows (98). I made a 256 MB permanent swap file two months ago, a few days ago the Warlords BatelleCry demo kicked me out saying I didn't had enough virtual memory... f**k, how come ? went to Control Panel and checked it out (256 minimum, 256 maximum). Went and checked the size of Win386.swp in C:/, t'was fine. Wanted to install ST:Armada..." not enough virtual memory, do you want to proceede anyway ?".

Guess what was wrong ! By some unknown reason the bastard created another swap file in C:/Windows, a 40 MB one and was using it instead of the 256 one...

Comment

I agree with Nuno, Win2000 has so far done a great job of releasing memory as it's no longer needed. MS did one heck of a job with this OS.
              Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Pace knows what's up.

------------------
                MSI-6167 w/ Athlon 500@750 (thx Greebe!), 128MB Crucial PC133, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Phillips CD-R, a hard drive or two, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH6.1, and Win98 (when I have to).

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And another...
                  hi

Comment

LOL Para, where can I download that one?
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Just wondering Wombat but have you used Win2000? I'm afraid to say that I prefer it to RH - I just want to see why you use RH. Though I share the same dislike for Win9X - where is DosFreak's sig?

RUN\DOS\RUN?
                      RUN\W9X\FALL\GETTING UP?\OOPS FALL!

My pal uses Linux religiously and is incredibly arrogant against the whole Microsoft world.

Maybe I should start this in TSB. Or maybe not as I'm going my hols on Sunday.

Oh well,

Paul.
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Thanks Jordan, I think I'll give it a try. If anyone wants to see how badly Win98 handles memory, play around with System Monitor in your Accessories. Open a few web pages and then close your browser. The memory usage does NOT go back down and CPU usage goes up!

RAB

[This message has been edited by RAB (edited 07 July 2000).]
                        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
                        X