Can't use CAS latency of 2 with my G400 MAX + 7KXA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use CAS latency of 2 with my G400 MAX + 7KXA

Can someone help me out? I paid good money for this CAS 2 ram, I'd like to be able to use it. It works fine in everything but 3d accelerated stuff. My G400 MAX will freeze if the CAS latency isn't set to 3.

Who made the mem and what's the part #?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Its Mushkin "Athlon" memory, one 256 meg PC133 CAS2 dimm. I'm not sure what the part number is.
      www.bxboards.com/pc133/p133-7.shtml

Forgot to mention, I've tried running it 100 mhz @ CAS 2. It still wouldn't do anything 3d.

[This message has been edited by CollegeManMan (edited 06 July 2000).]

Comment

The Mushkin 256 MB DIMMS are not qualified at CAS2, only the 128 MB DIMMs are. (They claim every memory manufacturer has the same problem with this size memory chip.)

"We have also completed tests on our 256MB PC133 modules in the above scenario and they are also tested and stable, but run at CAS3."
        http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mushkin.filereader?396488f6053be508273fcda a9b02067c+EN/products/990489

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 06 July 2000).]

Comment

Alright, now I'm really pissed off. I'm going to demand two 128 meg dimms for my 256. When I bought my memory, the Epox 7KXA was the only KX133 board on the market. The message was different, it said nothing about not running at Cas 2. Cripes, they could have emailed me or something when they found out their product didn't perform as advertised.

Grr... Well thanks, now I know who to blame. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some blaming to do.

Comment

Working...
          X