G400Max Dual Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max Dual Head

Can anyone help me to get my dual head working? I have installed the software DVD player that comes on the G400 driver disk. In matrox properties, I can turn on the dual head so that the DVD player has a window on the main screen and is full screen on the 2nd output. I have tried a monitor and a TV and get nothing, other than a blank screen, on the 2nd output. What am I not doing? (No rude answers please!!)

I don't understand. You said you get the DVD player full screen on the 2nd head, but have tried a monitor and a TV and get nothing on the 2nd head. These seem contradictory.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. No matter what I connect to the second head, I get a blank screen with the DVD player. I have tried the "clone" feature with a Sony TV and the S-video input and get what looks like a b/w picture at the wrong refresh rate. I get nothing if I use the composite output on the dual head cable. (I have not tried "clone" with a second monitor.)

Hardware: Gigabyte GA-BX2000+, PIII-750e, 400Mb, 2x 30Gb Maxtor ATA66, Win95OSR2.

I am running OSR2 as I can't get the Bus Mastering on the G400 to be reliable under anything other than Win95OSR2, but that another problem.

Comment

"Clone" mode is not what you want to use.
        "DVD MAX" mode is what you are looking for.
        This will run the DVD full screen on your TV.
        There is no way to make a DVD go full screen on a secondary monitor, only TV.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I might have said that...

Comment

Working...
          X