Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Highspeed 'net access?

Hi Guys,

I wanna know everyone's experiences of internet access (at home) which is faster than a 56k modem.

I was thinking of signing up to BT's ADSL (I even put my name down), but they've now said it'll be delayed until September, and I'm not one who likes to wait...
    So...., do I go Telewest's Blue Yonder? NTL's whatever they do, or what? help me guys!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Im in the same position SteveC, I dont reckon BT will have the consumer version of ADSL ready before september, Ive heard major problems with Blue Yonder. It all makes ISDN look attractive!!!

take a look at www.adslguide.org.uk

for the latest news

Comment

Anbody running on NTLs cable modem system? It's supposedly available in my area now, BTs ADSL won't be for at least another year or more.

Comment

Just checked ntls web site
        on cable modems
        -----
        Date to be confirmed
        Warwickshire (including Coventry)
        -----
        They've changed the dates again.
        Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

It says on ntl's site that I should be able to get a cable modem in June, its July and nothing. I requested a free phone cd in March and still haven't seen that either. My sinclair spectrum I ordered in 1983 still hasn't turned up as well!

NTL Not Till Later

Comment

Guys
            I spoke to BT at the Tommorws World Live show on Saturday - they say their package is available now. Madasafish were also exhibiting an ADSL, but aren't able to supply it yet (according to BT - I didn't have chance to go back and check). Prices are the same.

I asked why they had strangled wide-bandwidth services for so long in the UK but didn't get an answer

Tony.
            FT.

Comment

Tony,
              It has been launched for business users, consumer ADSL will have to wait a little longer, maybe September.

breezer

Comment

Nice to see BT are still being honest then. At least they were waiving the £150 setup fee until the end of the show.
                FT.

Comment

Has Telewest changed their rollout dates yet? (seems to be all the rage)

When I signed up I was promised cable Modems in July in the Bristol area, and so far not a sniff (although the interactive TV is finally kicking off tommorow).

I'd check www.blueyonder.co.uk myself but this POS browser is too old for their 'optimised' site 8-)

Ah well, I suppose we can wait.

I heard from somwhere that BT's ADSL will use a USB device that will prevent shared connections, anyone know any details on their proposed hardware?

Uberlad

------------------
                  -------------------------
                  8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
                  5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

-------------------------
                  8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
                  5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Working...
                  X