Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I want one of these!! Trackball experience from you guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I want one of these!! Trackball experience from you guys?

After I saw this I got a serious case of the "wants". Wireless, trackball and normal mouse keys all in one. I've never used a trackball before, but since my wrists are starting to get some pain in them, I thought this might allow me to use the mouse in my lap rather than with my wrist on the edge of a table.

Any thoughts guys?

RAB

AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

I hate trackballs. Well, they are great for games like missle command, but for moving the mouse cursor around they suck.

Comment

My bro-in-law has one and he "has gotten used to it". I've tried to use it and don't like it. I imagine I'd get used to it as well, but I'm happy w/my Intellimouse Explorer (which you can use in your lap...).

My .02 - change available upon request
      PIII 550@605
      IWill Motherboard VD133
      VIA Chipset
      512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
      G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
      DirectX 8.0a
      SB Live! Value
      8x DVD (Toshiba)
      6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
      Intel Pro/100+ NIC
      3Com CMX Cable Modem
      Optiquest V95 19"
      HP 812C Color Ink Jet
      Microtek flatbed scanner
      Intellimouse Explorer
      Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
      AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

I think trackballs are far superior over mice. I have this one:

http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/...verview.cfm/49

I don't understand how people can play FPS games with mice? You have to constantly recenter the mouse which drves me crazy. The ball always gets dirty and you have to move your arm and wrist around way too much.

I like the one you picked out, but I have used similar trackballs and my thumb always starts to cramp up.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I agree with Helevitia

They take some time to get used to but I prefer them over the Mouse any day.

I use this one:
          http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/...verview.cfm/11

The models that Helevitia and I use allow you to use 2 fingers for control. The model that you show requires just thumb control and isn't as precise for drawing or gaming. Over long periods of use the thumb will become fatigued and get kind of shakey.

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

If you want to draw, check this out:
            http://www.onvia.com/usa/products/in...atalog=2447347

Comment

Thumb cramps were the one thing I was afraid of with this new mouse. But the wireless feature is one I really like. I've got Logitech's Cordless Mouseman Wheel and will never buy a wired mouse again. The one in my picture is new and I haven't actually seen one in the stores yet. I'm not an artist or a Quake-a-holic, so I don't need it to be ultra precise.

Any other suggestions to ease my aching wrists. repetitive stress injury is causing me to find something that I don't have to use up on the desktop. I need something that let's me move around with it.

RAB
              AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

After you get use to a trackball (takes less then a week), you just don't want to go back to a "plain" mouse.

I use thumbballs exclusively, as I find myself more accurate with them. I have never experience any sort of cramping, lack of accuracy, or lack of control with them.

I've got the standard "wired" version of this model, both with and without the scroll wheel, and I absolutely love em.

C=64

Comment

Hi, Well my experience is good so far, I have the trackman marble with the scroll whell, it eased my wrist pain no end, and as for games its a sinch. As an avid Halflife fan it has made it so much easier to keep co-ordination, no more pulling the mouse back on the mouse mat because its slid off. take my advice they are strange to get used to but worth the effort<"c:\my documents\product12.gif">

Comment

Just a follow up guys,

My logitech is USB, it dosent work in Windows 98se safe mode, thought i'd post this as you never know how many folks are adept with their keyboard skills. No disrespect meant tho'

Comment

Working...
                    X