It's a Computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Computer!

Paul is pleased to announce the birth of his brand new, "no Intel anywhere" Athlon-based system:

AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700 MHz (featuring performance-enhancing on-chip L2 cache memory!)
    Abit KA7-100

Cyber-cigars all around!

Boy, am I going to have some questions.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Congrats dude! I'll have to smoke one for ya!

Comment

Hope the smoke you're seeing is only coming from the cigars

How long before you join the Gigaherz club?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I have a PIII 700 at 933 MHz, so I'm close. AMD is maintaining that Slot A Thunderbirds above 800 MHz on a KX133 board might be trouble.

I'm dealing with some performance issues right now. So many options to choose from in the Abit BIOS! I have a GFD lying around somewhere, and Abit has apparently figured out the stability issue above 110 MHz, so we'll see how much damage I can do in terms of speed.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Sounds good! Let me know ho wit all works out for you since I will be getting an Asus A7V w/ 700MHz T-bird as soon as the mobo comes out.

btw- What RAM are you using?

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

You sure about that "no Intel anywhere". Check this chips on your cards....you might find Intel somewhere....
            C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
            X