Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered really good PC133 memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is considered really good PC133 memory?

Anand always recommends Corsair(os soemthing like that). What do you folks think?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I usually buy Mushkin.
    http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mushk...roducts/990489

Crucial is very good also.

See: http://bxboards.com/pc133/

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 22 June 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the links Brian. After reading a couple of reviews, it looks like the Mushkin memory you pointed me to is of very high quality and overclocks well. I will be getting http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mushk...roducts/990496 unless someone objects

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Does anyone know hwere I can pick up the above memory cheaper? They are selling for $350 for two 128MB DIMMS.

Dave

Comment

also look here...
          http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1213

I just got a single stick 256 meg NEC that can make 150mz
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Does that mean you are at 975Mhz Chuck?

Also some RAM questions of my own:
            What is 222 RAM? CAS2 and what else?
            Would RAM be affected by air travel (inc customs/X-rays)?

Paul.

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 22 June 2000).]
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

OK, I ordered the memory directly from Mushkin. I also asked "Mike" some questions since it was not clear on the website. I asked him why there were no 256MB PC133 High Quality DIMM's. He told me that they can't get the quality out of the higher memory yet. He says that the 256MB modules will only safely do CAS3. He expected the 256MB modules with CAS2 to be available sometime down the road, maybe 6 months or later. He said you should always go 128MB for now until they get the quality better on the higher memory. And just in case it isn't clear, he siad that all manufactures are having the same problems. Just passing on the info

Dave

[This message has been edited by Helevitia (edited 22 June 2000).]

Comment

What about Kingmax TinyBGA ram? Does anyone have any experience with that flavour of memory? Does it overclock well?

Cheers,

G

Comment

Pace,
                  I can run 975, with a 0.1v boost, stable...
                  EXCEPT UT !?

I have no idea why - benchmarks, seti, etc all run fine, but not UT.

chuck
                  still at a meazly 923

Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Check out this thread: http://www.storagereview.com/welcome...ML/003934.html
                    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Chuck - When you solve your UT problem, let me know. I have the same problem. Everything is stable except UT at 124 MHz fsb. I have a feeling the culprit is the HPT66 controller.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 23 June 2000).]

Comment

Memory thats rarely mentioned,but is quite good is PNY,you know the memory you see everywhere(Walmart,Staples,BestBuy,etc.)
                        Here's a review and a good study on available memory.
                        http://www.overclockin.com/reviews/R...oundup2-3.html

Ther's a total of 3 memory roundups,so have a look around!

[This message has been edited by Alfie (edited 24 June 2000).]

Comment

Maybe the boys at Mushkin should take a tour of the Infineon fab....
                          http://www.infineon.com/products/memory/index.htm

Games Box
                          --------------
                          Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                          ------
                          Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                          -------------
                          Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Just to add more info, After calling Mushkin and talking with "Mike" I was very pleased with there level of service. After talking with them, I ordered the memory at 4:30PM CST there time and they already had the memory shipped and the tracking # to me within 2 hours. It shipped that day! I was so pleased that I sent a quick note to some email alias about how pleased I was and to keep up the good work. To my astonishment, Bill Mushkin(I'm assuming the owner) sent me an email later that night thanking me. What was really amazing was the fact that the email arrived to me at 10:00pm which means that it was 11:00pm his time. Damn! I sound like a marketing Sicko. I just like to give credit where credit is due.

Regarding the UT issue. Go read the article in the second post pointing to BXBoards. It talks about UT and the fact they feel there are stability issues with UT still and the way they like to test memory is to run UT. They say that if UT passes the tests than the memory must be good

Sorry for the long post.

Dave

Comment

Helevitia:

Thanks for the info about Mushkin. I've always heard good things about their product, and I will consider purchasing from them in the future.

I still push Crucial to my friends. They too are very good, service wise. I had some questions that they were more than helpful with, and even had a regional marketing director call me! No joke!

Check out my link above for some stories and info, and remember, with memory, you might just get what you pay for!
                              System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Working...
                              X