Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 mb CD disks

Hey all,

I was thinking of buying some new blank CDs to feed my burner, and there are these nifty new 800 mb blanks at the local FutureRipOff shop.

WHat I want to know is if tehre are any downsides to using these disks? Will my Sony CD player or others read 80 mins of music? Will other Cd-rom players read 800 mb of data?

thanks

All new CDplayers/CDROMS will read the whole disc. Some older cd players/cdroms may have problems reading the disc if there is info. burned all the way to the edge. I use these discs in my burner and haven't come acrossed a player yet that will not read them properly, even my old boombox reads them fine.

Rags

------------------
    Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

800mb CDROMs?

Did I miss something new coming out on the market?

Or are you referring to 700mb 80min CDs?

------------------
      This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

I believe that 800 million bytes are stored on an 80 minute CD MadCat - and when the 'hard drive' effect is applied you get 700MB of actual storage space.

Paul.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Madcat.... 800 MB CD-roms have actually been available for quite some time now.

Bongo..... as far as reading/playing the CD you shouldn´t have any trouble, but make sure your CD-recorder/burner can record an 800 MB CD before you buy any (or just get 1 or 2 CD´s to start with). Quite a few recorders can´t record 800 MB CD´s, especially if you have an older recorder like I do
          If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Yah, they are 80 minute cds.

Comment

thanks..and you are right...700 mb

Comment

Working...
              X