Can someone help me detect my modem on a sony laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me detect my modem on a sony laptop

I know it seems so easy but I just fdisk'd and formatted the drive and installed win98se. I downloaded all the drivers beforehand except the sony internal modem k56flexv.90 I couldn't find so I figured i'd use standard 56k kflex v.90 in the list of modems but first of all when I autodetect it will not find a modem and if I manually install one on com 1 it will not connect.I've searched the sony website high and low.Its a sony vaio pcg748. Any help on this will be much appreciated. Thanks
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

I don't have a PCG-748 (I have a PCG-F305) so I'm not sure on this - but my modem is a PCMCIA card, made by ComOne or someone like that. They have their own website (check www.windrivers.com) for their drivers. Otherwise check the sony website - but the US one, NOT the pathetic European one. (The US models are the same as the european ones, but often have their numbers altered - eg my F305 is a F350 in the US)

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
    X