Are the thunderbirds in stock yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the thunderbirds in stock yet?

It looks like some places have them but you know how they promise you they are in stock and they aren't. Has anyone ordered and received one yet? from whom? What KT133 mobo's? Anyone get those yet?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Dave, I haven't seen any Socket A Thunderbirds or KT133 motherboards, but Azzo has gotten in some OEM Slot A Thunderbirds for $199.00.
    http://www.azzo.com

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Check out www.pricewatch.com New listings are being added everyday for the Thunderbird chip as well as motherboards.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks Paul and Joel. Yeah, I've been to Picewatch and another store that claims to have it in stock. Only prob is there are no mobo's yet. I think I'll wait until Asus's A7V makes it out before buying the chip.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yup, one of my coworkers just received one today. It is a 700MHz Slot-A T'bird. I dunno where he got it from, though.

Comment

Here's one place selling slot Tbirds
            Known to be reliable.
            http://www.tcwo.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...n.html?catid=2

Socket A mobos are in the process of being released.
            Fic being available now.
            MSI anyday.(This may be the one to keep your eyes on,considering the solidness of their Slot A mobos)
            Socket A Tbirds and Durons are available.
            As stated check out Pricewatch.
            Paragon claims to have them
            http://www.paragoncomp.com/cgi-bin/enhanced

[This message has been edited by Alfie (edited 23 June 2000).]

Comment

Well... I just bought a Slot-A Thunderbird three days ago. I didn't order it, and the shop sell them just like ordinary Athlons.
              They remind me that I have to use better boards, to avoid compablility issues between TB and KX-133, so I bought a KA7 with it.
              Rock solid now.
              (I'm live in Taiwan)

Comment

Hey Alfie! Where were you when I forked over $20.00 bucks more for mine?

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I split the $20.00 with the company you bought it from Paul,that's why I didn't tell you
                  Interesting article over at Tom's Hardware on overclocking the Duron and Tbirds. http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q2/000623/index.html
                  Slocket devices are in production for AMD cpus(good news!)
                  Some mobos will have multiplier settings on board(good news!)
                  and for those that don't we have Greebe!(I hope)
                  Reports have it that the Tbird does work on the Via 133 chipset and that a bios update may fix the problems encountered(good news!)
                  Hopefully the MSI board will elect to include multipliers,Asus may ship with them.

Comment

I've corresponded with a guy named Alex at Abit in Taiwan. Confirming what Mike posted, he said the KA7-100 is compatible with the Slot A Thunderbirds, although he recommends setting "CPU Pull Up Strength" to 0 & "CPU Drive Strength" to 1."

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Yeah, you do have to adjust the settings in BIOS to make TB run stable on KA7. However, there are some different ways...
                      I adjust CPU pull strength to 2, and drive strength to 4. There're also some people set them to AUTO, but this doesn't work for me.
                      So, your way is the third way I've known. I'll try it later after my return from my graduation trip
                      Oh, forgot to ask what version of BIOS you're using... this does matter. I'm using KA7_RY.b01, a beta version.
                      PS. I haven't seen any official announce from Abit like "Our KA7 do support T-Bird". The settings above are from local overclocker website, they just works. I'll mail Abit to confirm this.

[This message has been edited by mikechen (edited 24 June 2000).]

Comment

Whatever, you do, DON'T BUY FROM AZZO. They screwed both myself and Greebe over.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Uh-oh. How?

Paul
                          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Wombat, Thanks for the warning.

Dave

Comment

Well, we all know that Greebe makes Eclipses. He was selling them through Azzo for a while. They took my order, and then I wasted a few weeks b/c "they were waiting for the guy[Greebe] to send us more". I called Greebe, and Azzo hadn't sent him any CPU's to work on. The rest is his story. I got a refund, but their lies left me without a computer for two extra weeks.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X