LNE100TX Win2k driver problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LNE100TX Win2k driver problem!

I'm having SERIOUS problems trying to get my nic LNE100TX version 2 working in Win2k... i've checked Linksys website, and verified it's version 2, and tried their drivers, but no go... i even tried ALL their drivers for LNE of all the versions, and none of them worked. And the NIC isn't bad, because I can get it working in Win98.

The really wierd thing is that I've had this nic working in Win2k for the past 8 months. It was a pain in the a$$ to get it up and going, and I had to get drivers from www.driverguide.com... but today i had to reformat my system, and i don't have those original drivers i got from driverguide, and they don't have those drivers up anymore (they replaced them with Linksys website drivers).

If anybody has those drivers and they work, could they please email them to me or tell me where to get them (i even went into Linksys ftp and went through all the betas and old drivers for the nic).

Thanks

Dohboy
    hiddentrust@urgentmail.com

hmmmm... don't have any troubles with my LNE100TX v.2.0 in Win2k. Don't know what to tell you. When you install it, do you point the hardware installer to the Win2000 (I think tht's what they call it) folder? That's where the digitally signed drivers are.

I guess my real question is, does the hardware get installed and then not work on the network? Or does the NIC not get installed at all?

LinkSYS driver download page. I guess if these don't work I can send you mine.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Here's something to try - make sure the card is 100% fully in its slot. My intel 10/100 ethernet card will detect as a PCI Ethernet Adapter if it's only half in, but wont have any drivers I give it. Push it home, and bingo - it installs fine.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

When the drivers are unpacked by the unzip program, check to see if the .sy_ files also have matching .sys files. I seem to remember having problems installing drivers for my LNE100TX because of this. If not, make a copy of the .sy_ and then rename the file with a .sys suffix. Normally, a _ at the end of a file means it will unpack when it is installed, but mine wouldn't. However, the rename made it work.

RAB
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and advice... i went away for a couple of days, and when i came back and gave it another shot it worked! So don't know what to say...

Comment

Working...
          X