No announcement yet.

I need more Volts :P:P:P Please help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need more Volts :P:P:P Please help :)

I have a few problems that I need help with

Firstly :-

I have been clocking my new P3 700 coppermine for a while now at 140Mhz fsb =980Mhz and I have had no problems ,but I got hold of some new memory today and was gonna shoot for 1050Mhz 150fsb.

The problem is I need more volts,I am currently running at 1.75v @980Mhz on my Abit BE6v1 and when I try to hit the 150Mhz fsb I only have 1.85v Max to play with .

"Now" is there any way to tweak the Abit's bios to give me another .05 to.10v as I know that the chip I have is capable of hitting the gig, my brother has an Abit BE6v2 and I have had this chip running @1020Mhz on his system but he has more VOLTS to play with.

Please dont think that im a greedy B*****D I just would like to get the most out of the chip that I can LoL OK so I am a greedy B*****D but I would appreciate any help on this matter.:P

Secondly :-

I have noticed that I am getting a slight wobble on my monitor screen????? the thing is it only does this when I have a window or multiple windows open.It does NOT wobble when I reduce the size of the window????? WTF is it

The problem is there regardless of what speed I am running my cpu and I am starting to think that my G400 Max is faulty

Thankyou for any help on these matters

Regards Matt
    AkA Max-Payne

YES YOU ARE A GREEDY B*****D

If they still make it like the old BX6 and BH6, just flash the bios (with a new or the same bios version that you have) with the voltage set at 1.75 v. If all went well, you have now the voltage options ranging from 1.55 to 1.95 v.
    I remember not being able to pump more than 2.2v to my celery 300 with my BX6 and using that trick I got 2.4v. Unfortunatly that didnĀ“t help much

Cool, eh?

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 21 June 2000).]

Comment

LoL hehe

Thanxs nuno

I have tried the bios trick and I set the voltage to 1.85v and then changed the bios but it did'nt work :[

any other tricks I should no about
      Regards Max-Payne

Comment

I think that's the only voltage trick that ever existed, unless you feel like playing with a few resistors on the board... (I don't know what ones, mind you!)

There's always mains voltage nearby...

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Hi Mark

I dont fancy getting the soldering iron out for this problem LoL.But I used to have a P3 450 clocked to 630 before this chip and I had loads of voltages to play with :].

But ever since I flashed the be6's bios for my new chip I have only been able to get a max Voltage of 1.85.
          Do you think it would be possible to go back to the bios that I was using with the 450 ?? I was under the impression that I had to flash it to the latest bios[be6_pv] to use my new chip ??

From memory the earlier bios had a voltage range from 1.80 to 2.20v do you think this would be the answer

Comment

Mathew,

I have no experience with mobo's that have bios-programmable voltage settings, so I can't answer your question.
            And be assured I never soldered anything to my mobo, so that brings me to the 2nd part of my story anyway
            So what I did was the following:
            on my mobo I could select the core voltage by putting a jumper on a specific position. Next to the (array of) jumpers positions there were resistors. I measured the value of those resistors using a simple multi-meter. Then I plotted the resistance values with respect to the according core voltage. Based on that trend you can calculate the resistance you need to obtain a specific core voltage. Instead of soldering you can mount a resistor into a connector which fits on the jumper pins. This resistor will add to tha value of the resistor next to the jumper.
            Voila.
            AMD-K6-2-300, EPOX-58MVP3C-M,
            Marvel G400, 64MB+64MB(PC100+PC133), Maxtor DM40PLUS 30GB,
            W98 (no SE), currently no overclocking (FSB=100)

Comment

Hey Mathew,

I used to play around with some resistors to tune the voltage for my CPU, but I guess there's a few hurdles in your case:
              - is 1.85 really the maximum voltage of your mobo or does it also supply higher voltages (eg. 2.2V) ?
              - can you only set the voltage via the bios, or can you also change it using jumpers on your mobo ?

If the answers to these questions are possitive I will continue the explanation...
              AMD-K6-2-300, EPOX-58MVP3C-M,
              Marvel G400, 64MB+64MB(PC100+PC133), Maxtor DM40PLUS 30GB,
              W98 (no SE), currently no overclocking (FSB=100)

Comment

Working...
              X