Celery roasting on an open fire......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celery roasting on an open fire......

Look like the british weather has finally got too much for my poor celeron 366@550. Poor little thing can't even get through the UT intro on a bad day without locking.

Had to clock it back to 458 until the weather cools down again.

Anyone got any sugegstions for a replacemnt for my stock intel S370 HS/Fan, and preferably a UK distributor, so that I can get my free MHz back?

Thanks guys

Uberlad

------------------
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of ten referred to me by name.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

If an icepack or table fan can't help you much, how about a Tennmax dual fan?

I have my PC completely open and let a table fan blow via the wall over my legs and through my PC...

Easy solution.

Jord.

------------------
    "What goes up, must come down..."
    "What goes in, must come out..."
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Whew, what's that funk?!
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, I'd hate to see the inside of that PC too.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Panic over, the british weather had the decency to assist my overclocking efforts by returning to its standard raining. 8-(

The ambient temp in my room is many degrees lower, and as soon as I move my case into the open I reckon 550 will be back.

Although a freestanding fan sounds a good idea.....

Uberlad

------------------

Comment

hi, I would like to know at what Temp your CPU started to lock up. I also have a C366, but it will reach 50 degrees with this weather in No-time when running at 550. Since I am a bit precautious, I set the MoBO temp alert to 50 degrees celcius, so I run it at 366MHz now, because of the alert.

Comment

Good question.

I think that when I clocked it down in frustration, the CPU temp was about 46-49, but it had been hanged for a while, and may have had a chance to cool down a bit. It did tend to only take 5-10 mins of D3D to make it lock, so it can't have been much above that.

In order to get it stable in my old place I had to remove the side of the case, and give it plenty of room for air to get in and out. My new place dosn't have quite as much space, and is also hit by the sun for more of the day (when there _is_ any sun).

It's utterly fine at 458 though, don't think I even had to tweak the voltage (I initially got graphics issues of the G400 at 550 before upping the voltage)

Uberlad

------------------

Comment

My 366 wouldn't even run stable at 458 with my old HSF. Popped on a GlobalWin FDP32, and it's been great at 550 ever since. Hours of UT under Win2k without a hitch.
                Be warned that this thing is HUGE! On my P2B, it covers 2 RAM slots. It is not an ideal solution for everyone.

DS
                Games Box
                --------------
                Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                ------
                Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                -------------
                Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
                X