****Virus Alert****!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****Virus Alert****!!!

There is a new one going around today. If you get any mail messages with subject: Funny, Jokes text, Jokes.txt, Life Stages text, Life stages or Life_Stages.txt - don't open them

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 20 June 2000).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Some more info:

Another e-mail worm, known as vbs_stages.a as well as irc_stages.a and shs_stages.a, is quickly making its way through businesses in Asia, North America, and Australia, once again affecting Microsoft Outlook systems.

The e-mail appears to contain a joke outlining "the male and female stages of life," but once the attached file is opened, the virus inserts itself into Outlook and spreads itself via Outlook e-mail messages as well as mIRC and Pirch IRC (Internet relay chat) programs.
    Paul.

(See you fixed the UBB eventually Paul! )
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I guess I was a bit Dyslexic...]b[ for bold...LOL

was rushing to get to a morning meeting

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thanks for the warnings - I passed them on to the right people, but pathetic Network Associates' anti virus software didn't get it on our exchange server. (On the desktops it did) Oh well, no email again. Might as well go home!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
        X