Final Check: BF6 + CuMine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Check: BF6 + CuMine

OK - I've asked that many people if this works but either can't find their responses or there hasn't been any - or, over at hardocp they got incredibly, well, hardocp!

So - can anybody confirm for definate that this combo will work? I do plan to overclock but just want to know if this will work together first - the OC questions can wait for the moment!

Thanks in advance,

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Oh, I think it works ok
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BF6, P3-650@923, 256mb@142cas3, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, Pioneer 104s DVD, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Linksys EtherFast NIC, LG 995e, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yep, cjolley has it right. I got 800 MHz outta my BF6 + 600E with no effort at all. BTW, I have the old stepping of the P3 core. If you get a cB0 stepping, you'll be very pleased indeed...!

Eric

------------------
      ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Yup works great, using a PCI card and 7E memory I was able to push my coppermine 550E to 170 FSB, 935 Mhz.

Rags

------------------
        Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

I might add that my 650 runs @ 923 at stock 1.65v using the factory HS/fan!
          Come on in, the water's fine!
          Keep us up with your progress.
          chuck

PS mine is the new cB0 that you will probibly get.

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 09 June 2000).]
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Cjolley whats the temp that your proc running at?
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The highest it gets is about 49c fully occupied.
              I can't see taking even the small risk involved in removing the original hs/fan on this one.
              Some others might run hotter, in which case a better hs/fan could be justified.
              chuck

Of course, if I ever try to get higher, I will have to up the voltage. Then a better hs/fan will become a nessesity.

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 09 June 2000).]
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

OK - thanks guys - my order will hopefully be made on Monday! And I'd seen you Chuck and asked ya - but couldn't find the topic again.

However - I forgot to ask if these are Slot 1 chips - I knew it would work with FCPGA but don't want that option (got a secc2 HS/fan here) so Chuck n Rags - have you got S1.

And, if I have to go FCPGA then what slocket adaptor should I go for - the Abit SloKET III?

And finally - the OC questions that I held back!
                [list=1][*] What hardware may not run at high FSBs - I know of the high AGP bus but I take it there is a 1/4 PCI divider - and what about hard drives?[*] If I can't make to 133 with my RAM could there be problems with my PCI bus running out of spec (say at 110, 120, 130 etc buses)?[*] There is no question 3! [/list=a]

Sorry, couldn't resist the Apple joke - I'm sure I'll have more Q's but can't think at the moment!

Thanks again,

Paul.

--
                Possible hardware for new system:
                TNT2 , 3Com 905B-TX, SBLive, 56k s/w modem, Advansys SCSI, IBM Deskstar 25GP (20GB), Quantum 4Gb, Pioneer 10x DVD, Pioneer 36x DVD, Yamaha 6416 SCSI, SuperMicro P6SBA.
                Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Slot1 it is.
                  chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

So have you got any problems or hardware that don't like the 142 FSB (and 36Mhz PCI?), Chuck?

TIA, Paul.
                    Meet Jasmine.

Comment

I have 2 64meg sticks of cas2 ram that could only get to 140.
                      I think my hd is running a bit hotter.
                      That's about it.
                      chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thanks Chuck.

Btw, any idea what some generic PC100 RAM can hit - it can do CAS2 but not sure if it's meant - but would that mean it can do high speeds when dropping it to CAS3?

Thanks again,

Paul.
                        Meet Jasmine.

Comment

The two sticks I was using were high quality SAMSUNG GH CAS2 PC100.
                          To make 140 I did have to drop them to CAS3.
                          If you have generic ram, who knows how fast yours will go.
                          You don't have to have the whole thing maxed out to start with.
                          Try the ram you have & see how far it will go.
                          Good Luck,
                          chuck
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thanks Chuck - I've got 2 128Mb generics and a 64Mb Infineon (which I think is high quality!) - but don't fancy dropping my RAM from 256 to 64 for the clock speed - I'll let you's all know how I get on.

Paul.
                            Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Questions for you guys. What is the difference between the BE6-II and the BF6? Which is newer? Most importantly, which is better?
                              Primary System:
                              MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                              120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                              Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                              Seccondary System:
                              Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                              3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                              Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                              Tertiary system
                              Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                              Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
                              X