Quick easy question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick easy question...

Can you use PC133 memory in a PC100 setup? I'm asking because what if I buy the memory now but won't have the mobo to support it until later?

thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

As far as I know, Dave, PC-133 memory is backward compatible to PC-100 memory.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yes it does Dave. I've got Micron Pc133 installe with my Celeron rig. I'm currently running the memory at 133 with the FSB at 100 with my P3V4X but I have run it at the 100/100 as well.
      Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

in case you havent heard enough affirmatives i got a 133 MHz ram running with a 100Mhz ram running on my AMD system with no problems...for those keeping count, that is 256MB of ram

Frankfurt
        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
        WinXP Professional SP1
        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
        3COM 905C

Comment

Talk with your memory supplier and find out if they have heard of problems with your particular MB/memory combination. Not all MBs will run as well with PC133 as with PC100. As an example, I put PC133 HSDRAM from Enhanced Memory in an ABIT BX6-2. I ran into numerous problems with it and had to return it. Enhanced Memory said that they had a warning about this incompatibility on their website, but, of course not where I looked before I bought it. (I suggested they place their incompatibility list on the same page you order the memory from.)

Comment

Working...
          X