Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question, but how do I add things to startup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question, but how do I add things to startup ?

I know, I know, why the hell would one want to add something to startup since the goal is to remove as many things as possible for a quick boot time.
    I just want to add the Resource Meter.

Eeehhh, easiest way would be drag and drop.

[This message has been edited by Hunsow (edited 08 June 2000).]

Comment

Can you be more explicit on that ?

Comment

Not to make room for confusion, I don't want to add it to the Start menu it's already there (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Resource Meter), what I want to do is to add it to startup (things that load when Windows starts).

Comment

Add shortcuts to your "StartUp" folder under WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

For that I could've clicked on Start/Settings/Taskbar&Start Menu/Start Menu Programs and add it but I don't want that I want it to be loaded when Windows starts.

To remove from startup I know how, Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information/Tools/System Configuration Utility/Startup and uncheck the program I want to remove, but how to add a new program there I don't know, this is what I want.

Comment

Sorry, missunderstood your reply, missed the StartUp folder part (and after you put it in "" )
              Thanks, that was it

[This message has been edited by 2K (edited 09 June 2000).]

Comment

At least you got the use of emoticons correct.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

2K, next time use drag and drop because it's so much easier. Just right click on "Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Resource Meter" and keep the mouse button pressed. Now move to "Start\Programs\StartUp" and release the button. Now you can choose what to do, just choose "Copy here" and you're done.

PS to delete items from the startup folder (or anywhere else) just right click on it and choose delete.

[This message has been edited by Hunsow (edited 09 June 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X