Overclocking problems.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking problems.......

I finally put in my new Celeron 566 in my machine today. Only problem is that when I run it at 100mhz FSB, my computer does nasty stuff..like fragging the registery. I did an reinstall and now it comes up where it can't find the VMM32.dll and shuts itself down. Right now I have it running at 700mhz (83FSB) which in itself isn't too bad but I want to run it at 850 or higher. I left the Abit slotket at its defaults with the jumpers running at auto and adjusting everything through the BIOS. I tried upping the voltage before but no luck. The werid thing is that I had the computer running at the 112 FSB speed with a P3-450 and even had it running at 133FSB for a short bit before I got some nasty VMM errors in windows and downclocked it. Any suggestions would be apperated. If you need system info check the sig...

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

The errors youre getting are due to processor instability, not bus speed and memory. You need to either up the voltage or lower your clock speed.

Can you change the voltage on the ABIT adapter? that should do the job...

------------------
    This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Well my Celeron 2 project isn't gonna pain out the way I want it to. I'm stuck at 708mhz. I tried cranking the voltage up to 1.85v but it still didn't want to boot into windows. I don't want to push it any more then that. I'm guessing that the old BH6 can't handle the chip. Well its just a hold me over upgrade till I get my 1GHZ Thunderbird in the late fall and the alpha will go on that bad boy......

Scott

Time to update that sig

------------------
      Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Comment

Make sure your AGP Clock is set to 2/3.

Rags

------------------
        Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

it has been @ 2/3 AGP....

Scott

------------------
          Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@708mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Comment

Hi GT98,

set your MoBo to auto detect voltage and the the VCore on your SlotKET to 1.8 ...

Mine wouldn't even post below 1.8V, but now it's rockstable at 103FSB, i.e. @ 875MHz.

Set your FSB via your MoBo.

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi,

Thanks for the tip. First off I'm an idiot, Pulled out the slotkey just before and releazed that when I was setting the voltage before I had the jumpers on the right spot, But they weren't on the 2-3 pins! DUH! Now my system is running at 854 mhz.

Scott

------------------
              Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@708mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Comment

Very cool! Well that makes it official, these things overclock extremely well. I might try punching the voltage up to 1.9 just to see how it fares in prime95

------------------
                This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Working...
                X