Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What not to do in you Bios if you are bored (especially for K7M owners)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What not to do in you Bios if you are bored (especially for K7M owners)

Imagine a young man who is bored,
    Imagine a young man who goes to bios setup,
    Imagine a young man who sees that his board is able to do a CAS Latency of "1",
    Imagine a young man who did set it to "1",
    Imagine a young man who reboots and sees nothing,
    Imagine a young man who imagines that his board has no ClearCmos Jumper,
    Imagine a young man who rippes his BIOS out of the Board and puts it in a running(!) computer to flash it with a new bios,
    Imagine which young man is a little older now.

Mega
    K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
    G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

If you look really closely, you will see two metal nubs very close to the battery of where a clear cmos jumper should be, but ASUS was too cheap of a company to put one there. If you look in the manual, you will see that its function is unlisted, but I tell you that it is the clear cmos (lack of a) jumper.

With everything turned off, get something metal such as a paperclip and short together those two nubs for 5 seconds. Presto, you'll be in business. And yes, I have done it before because I started getting WAY to aggressive with my memory settings.

Comment

I know it, and i tried it before but it didn't work. I used a flat metal screwdriver.

Mega
      K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz

Comment

Seems to me that young K7M owners all do the same mistakes ;-)

And Thundrchez is right, those little nubs are the clear cmos jumpers. It worked great with a bottle opener (or whatever you call that in the US).

Vlip

Comment

and if the clear cmos jumper cannot be found, taking out the battery is always the next option

Comment

Geez, maybe you should talk to PurpleHaze, Mega... seems the K7V is no better for being able to be easily screwed up without recovery....

Come share your sympathies with her in The Soap Box, if you like... F*CKY F*CKITY F*CK F*CK SH*TTY F*CK F*CK!

--------------------
            Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 04 June 2000).]

Comment

He MX4, I've exactly the same board as you (even the packaging ;-))

And indeed, removing the battery and shorting the two little nobs did it for me.

So you must have missed something ;-)

Vlip

Comment

of course i have take out the battery! trust me, it also didn't work. Maybe it's because that my board is one of the earliest ever make. It has no super bypass, on the manual is mo Asus logo and there was no package with it
                K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz

Comment

Working...
                X