Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the new Netscape version 6 browser??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the new Netscape version 6 browser??

well, is it junk or better than IE5. I hope it's better than 4.73 Nscp, cause that one is so buggy for me.

thnsk

That question has floated around quite a bit. Netscape 6 is sink or swim, depending on the system. On my computers it is sink. The Preview release is more of an Alpha release. Newer versions of the broswer will hopefully be more stable.

Some people love it though and can run it rock stable.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I used Netscape for years, but IE5 is much better than 4.73. The new Netscape 6 is the ugliest software I've ever seen and in it's current state is slow and unstable from what I've seen on 2 PCs. No fullscreen mode, confusing layout, pain in the ass bookmark editing, and no support for scrolling marquees don't help the situation either. I never thought I'd switch from Netscape but IE5 is way easier to live with.

Comment

Netscape is defenitly dead.
        Besides being extremely ugly, the new beta 6.0 is also lacking the exact same features that makes 4.7 so lousy.
        It's the StyleSheet implementation (among other things) that sucks ! Try making a page with CSS (cascading style sheets) and viewing it in a Netscape browser (any version), and you'll see what I mean.

Torben R

[This message has been edited by Rohde (edited 02 June 2000).]
        G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

Netscape 6 was slow and buggy on my system. I'm currently running IE 5.5 beta and it's been performing very well, they also added a print preview function (bout time). The look of ver 6 was also annoying. It reminded me of the Neoplanet browser but without the ability to switch to a new skin if you hate the current one. Reinstalled 4.7 and I think I'll be leaving there for a while, couple of site seem to prefer it over IE.

------------------
          ASUS P3V4X,Celeron 366@555, 2.25v, 128mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 10GB, 4.3GB Fujistu, Creative 24x, Creative X-Gamer, D-Link NIC, ISA Modem

Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Working...
          X