Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor frequencies

Hello everyone
    Is there any program available through which I can program a monitor’s features into it? The thing is,I have a Samsung Samtron 55E monitor which is supposed to have sync values as follows:
    Horizontal: 30-61 kHz
    Vertical: 50-120 Hz
    So it should run at 1024x768 at 75Hz (as stated in the manual)- and it used to earlier. But due to some screen geometry anomalies,I had to turn it in for servicing,but when it came back,it started reporting itself as a 14 inch model (45Bn) The technician said that the memory chip had been changed and it just needed to be programmed properly(as it is supposed to be common for all models),so they took it back,and to avoid more problems,replaced the whole logic board.Apparently,this logic board is for the 55V model,whose sync values are supposed to be as follows : (The rest of the features being the same)
    Horizontal: 30-55 kHz
    Vertical: 50-120 Hz (confirmed with Sisoft Sandra 2000)
    So my monitor can now run at 1024x768 at only 60 Hz.Since only the memory chip inside the monitor needs to be programmed properly,how can I do it?
    Thanks
    Ovi

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 25 May 2000).]

Hi Ovi, I don't know of any program or if any exist. Seems unacceptable to me that they would do this and give it back to you.

Can't they make it so it will work properly for you? 60Hz at 1024x768, get out the Tylenol!
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

Hi SCompRacer
      The service centre guys were so weird that they didn't even understand this problem properly! And to top it all,their computer's graphic card wasn't set up properly,and so their system was running only at 640x480 ,which prevented me from discovering this problem there itself.But now I remember that I had asked them to increase the brightness of the monitor,and they started a program,increased the brightness through it and then saved the new setting in the monitor's EEPROM.Since at that time I didn't know about the problem,so I didn't ask them anything about the software they were using!
      But now I know that it does exist,the problem is-where to get it from!!

Comment

Ovi,

You were screwed, scream bloody murder until someone gives you a new monitor.

Comment

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
          I think I'll now have to go after them.Grrrrrr!

Comment

It sounds to ne that they have actually replaced your memory chip with one from a 14" monitor (perhaps they could only get those). Anyway - it probably contained information regarding the refresh rates that the monitor supports. It should be possible to install a monitor inf driver manually for the monitor instead of letting windows guess from the monitor's signal. Failing this - if you have a Matrox card - you should be able to set custom refresh rates from the display properties.
            What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Hi Damien
              After the second repair,the monitor was recognized as a 15 inch one,only a different model.But since I have the G200 I tried to manually set the refresh rates (even though I was using the inf file for my particular model)but the monitor refused to run at 1024x768 @ 75 Hz(The screen went blank)indicating that the monitor's hardware was not supporting that setting.So I just have to get to that EEPROM!!

Comment

Working...
              X