Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Goodbye To You Ticket To Ride!

From their website:

Number Nine Visual Technology has ceased operation. But in an effort to assist Number Nine customers, technical support and driver updates are still available via the Support area of the web site.

Please note that this is the only means of support - telephone technical support is no longer available.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 17 May 2000).]

R.I.P.
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

They haven't produced anything noteworthy in a very long time. I was wondering how they stayed in business as long as they did.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

This is kinda sad.If I remeber correct back in the old days it was one of the few(the only?)video board manufacturers who actually made quality video boards(besides matrox of course )

------------------
        -=Jimmy=-
        -=Jimmy=-

Comment

Yeah, the Imagine128 was wither the first or one of the first 128-bit video chipsets. The Revolution I think used the same 2d core, but added 3d features; too bad it turned out to be a 3d-decelerator. After the T2R4 sucked, everone knew it was over. Atleast Matrox managed to bundle the best 2d with good 3d performance.

------------------
          This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Yo MadCat, How much rent is it?
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

WELL...if you HAVE to ASK, you obviously cannot afford it <./snooty>

I couldnt think of a good joke or a saying to live one's life by, and im personally sick of people who stick their system specs in the sig line...

So lets see, thatll be $10000 USD/mo plus all the cheese I can eat

------------------
              This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

[This message has been edited by MadCat (edited 23 May 2000).]

Comment

Yes, it is sad, but things like this happen in business I suppose. I remember many years ago when I first heard of Number Nine. It was in a review for super high-end Macintosh 24(yep) bit color "accelerators." This was in the days when an "accelerator" was required to render a true color 2D image in under an hour. These cards were just huge. The Number Nine card won the faceoff, by the way. It was $3000.

------------------
                Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Working...
                X