New monitor observations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New monitor observations...

Well, after much consideration and research (and trying to justify the expense), I finally decided to upgrade the monitor on my primary PC at home to a 21" model. I was looking primarily at the Viewsonic P815 and the Sony CPD-G500. I'm a sucker for Trinitron tubes (my previous monitor was a 17" Trinitron I originally got with my Gateway back in '96), so I finally went with the CPD-G500. I can sum up my impressions of this monitor in two words... "Simply Amazing!!!". This is by far the best monitor I have ever used. It has superior color saturation and contrast with a truly flat-square surface. I love playing Homeworld at 1600x1200 at 32 bit color depth! It will do 2048x1536 @ 75 Hz, although I'll probably never use it at that resolution.
    On a side note, a week after I bought this monitor, I got a new PC at work with a P815 montior and I'm relieved that I didn't buy the Viewsonic for my own PC. There is a $140 price difference between them, but I must admit that I was disappointed in the Viewsonic after using the Sony at home. The geometry of the Viewsonic is horrible and the Moire adjustment doesn't work all that well either. Maybe I just got a bad one, although I'll have to check into it a bit more before I go to the trouble of having them switch out the monitor...

Eric

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 24 May 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 24 May 2000).]
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem
Working...
X