Intellieye mouse twitching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellieye mouse twitching?

Does any one else get problems that their intellieye mouse twitches about on its own a little?

------------------
    P3 500@600Mhz, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,128Mb 100SDram,BT ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Huappuage WinTV,Pioneer 6xDVDslot.

"Missing one CDRW drive answers to the name of fluffy!"
    P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Not only that, it sometimes (read often) moves to a corner of the screen for no reason.
    ][|_||\|§0\/\/

Comment

I have posted this subject on HardOCP as well and I just 30mins I have had 8 people report similar problems.
      Sounds like the Intellieye mouse is not quite every thing its meant to be.

Having said that I still like it.
      P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Comment

I think it's caused by sweat, it distorts the light reflections. Just a theory of course.
        ][|_||\|§0\/\/

Comment

hrm, I do sweat a bit, but I dont thing thats it

Comment

i got one too. i liked it but it was messing up my conterstrike game so off to the secondary burning rig it went and the logitech came back. (i think its becuase the optics get confused and mess up.)
            msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
            it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I haven't had that problem with my IntelliExplorer thingy here at work. I am also using Win2k. Maybe its a driver issue. Do you all have the newest drivers? A USB issue maybe?

Jammrock

------------------
              Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I have the intellimouse with intellieye and notice that it goes to the corner on the odd ocacation (sometimes the worst possible time). I have learned to live with it, guess its just a carryover from buggy software ("I learn to live with it")
                my $0.02.

Also, My brother has the Intellimouse Optical and notices the same problems i do, he even has 1 of those ultra thin mouse pads and it does it

Frankfurt

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 16 May 2000).]
                Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                WinXP Professional SP1
                Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                3COM 905C

Comment

I've noticed that the four pads on the bottom tend to 'stick' to what ever surface the mouse is on. Sometimes when you begin to move the mouse it seems to have some resistance. And so, being totally anal, I removed the four pads so that the bottom of the mouse is bare plastic, this helped to smooth the mouse a lot for me.
                  I still ended up ditching my intellimouse, tho', because it's just so damn big and unwieldy, and a pretty red light and styling like a 'supermini' car loses it's novelty after a bit.

Comment

Which Intellieyte mouse do you have. There are 3 or 4 different models. I have the Intellimous Optical, which is the newest model, with ms Intellimouse software V3.1(I think), and I have no problems whatsoever. I'm using primarily USB, although I do use the PS2 adapter for Linux.
                    Make sure you have the latest software from MS's website.

Ian
                    Primary System:
                    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                    Seccondary System:
                    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                    Tertiary system
                    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

It may be the pad you are using.
                      Mine works fine on Van Gogh's Starry Night.
                      It has a cloth top & the threads seem to help.
                      chuck

------------------
                      ABit BF6, P!!!650@866, 128mb gh@cas3, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, Pioneer 104s DVD, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Linksys EtherFast NIC, LG 995e, USB IntelliEye,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

I have hte Intellimouse Explorer at home and have seen the problem you describe but not frequently at all. Maybe twice in the last year or so...

I also use a standard MS wheel mouse (ie, with ball) at work and I get the jitters far more often.

Both are hooked up to the PS2 port.

It's never bothered me much - just move the mouse and it stops. I'm guessing it's in the driver, not the optics (as I'm having the problem with a non-optical mouse).

Just my .02

Andy
                        PIII 550@605
                        IWill Motherboard VD133
                        VIA Chipset
                        512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                        G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                        DirectX 8.0a
                        SB Live! Value
                        8x DVD (Toshiba)
                        6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                        Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                        3Com CMX Cable Modem
                        Optiquest V95 19"
                        HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                        Microtek flatbed scanner
                        Intellimouse Explorer
                        Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                        AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

my problem was every so often i would move the mouse so fast that my cross hair would lose postion and would end up at the top or bottm of the screen (me aiming at the ground and i would get offed (killed while fixing my aim.
                          msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                          it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

merchant2112,
                            I can relate!
                            I sometimes spin like a top if I move too fast. WHEEEEEEE
                            Mine does that if it is connected to my PS/2 port (because of linux )
                            It works fine when it's connected to usb.
                            chuck
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

cjolley, how strange here it's just the other way around, works great with PS2 connection but when I plug it in the usb ports, it moves in mysterious ways sometimes, and stops working after certain time intervals.
                              But I think I have to blame Abit for its lousy USB ports on the BE6-2 (wich I heard other people complain about too)

skeoch, have you tried the PS2 port to see if it works better?

[This message has been edited by Moleman (edited 20 May 2000).]
                              -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Working...
                              X