Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soyo 6VCA(VIA 133A chipset) and ISA modem trouble.Please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soyo 6VCA(VIA 133A chipset) and ISA modem trouble.Please help...

Are both your Com ports enabled in BIOS? If so, disable Com 1 as long as you don't need them both. This will free up an IRQ if that is the problem.

Is it a PNP modem or does it require jumpers?

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

It requires jumpers...As for the other thing...I've tried disabling COM2 which shares an IRQ with COM 4(IRQ 3) but when I reboot windows boots as if in safe mode(plae colors,low res) but it ain't in safe mode.The modem still doesn't work but I havn't tried different settings in this situation...Since there are no devices connected to COM2 there shouldn't be problem with IRQ conflicts(I think).At least there wasn't one with my previous system(a P200MMX).Thanx anyway and keep posting folks.Having to conncet all the cables to my old computer every time I want to connect to the Internet is killing me...

------------------
    -=Jimmy=-
    -=Jimmy=-

Comment

Soyo 6VCA(VIA 133A chipset) and ISA modem trouble.Please help...

I recently put my new computer together and after a lot of trouble with getting my SCSI controller to boot the HDD now the modem doesn't work.It is a no-name 33.6K ISA modem and it works DEFINATELY.When have windows search for modems without the card installed it searches only COM1&COM2 but when I insert the card in the only ISA slot the mobo has it searches COM4 as well(where the modem is configured to work and works right now on an older pentium machine).Also when I type in dos echo atdt > com3(??? it's configured for COM4 tho,definately) the modem responds with a click so I assume there's no serious HW incompatibility,I just need the correct settings.I have tried every(I think) new driver etc. so if U have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

PS: What is the standrd core voltage for a PIII 600EB.My system reports 1.71V,wasn't it supposed to be 1.65V?

------------------
      -=Jimmy=-
      -=Jimmy=-

Comment

Working...
      X