Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Dr. monitor for Abit BE6-II reports no CPU fan

Hi

I am using a Abit BE6-II mb and when I run the Winbond HW Doctor vers 2.10 it shows that the Powerfan is RPM at 4000, but fanspeed for the CPUFAN is showing FANOFF, no RPM available. Shouldn't it show the CPU fan speed? Should I worry...

my other Temps read:

System 1 : 29.50 C
    System 2 : 40.00 C
    CPU : 49.50 C

VOLTAGE

Vcore : 2.00 V
    Vtt : 1.52 V
    +3.3V : 3.28 V

some other numbers too, but too tired to type...
    Are these numbers ok, or is there something hinkey with my system...help appreciated.

------------------
    "The path of excess leads to the temple of knowledge"

ABit BE6 II UDMA 66 w/ PentiumIII 500mhz
    Matrox G400 DH 32 meg MAX
    Maxtor 13gig UDMA66 7200 Seagate 9gig UDMA33 7200
    SBlaster Live Mp3+ (with gold connectors and robot voice
    Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500
    19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
    19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
    ACK 580 crdless k/b and mouse
    Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
    Pioneer DVD 114 10x40x
    USR V90 ISA everything modem
    one big case fan and standard retail CPU/HS cooling from Intel
    a 3COM ADSL HOME CONNECT WarpMODEM

Maybe the CPU fan is simply connected to the powerfan connector on th MB and the powerfan connected to the power supply itself.

Comment

u're prol'y rite, iff the CPU fan was not blo-in, I sure the system would have been toast by now.

thank u

Comment

Take the case off and see if the Cpu fan is turning if it is don't worry.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Take the case off and see if the Cpu fan is turning if it is don't worry if it isn't running worry.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

KNOWING HOW RELIABLE aBIT FAN HEADERS ARE YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE FAN RUNNING, WHY AM I SHOUTING?

Blumming caps lock, sorry guys. Anyway, I have never had an abit board where all the fan headers worked for more than a day before giving out. I always hook the fans upto the power supply just to be safe.

------------------
            Coppermine 600E @ 828mhz (138mhz FSB). Globalwin HSF (the hooge one with the air duct set to blow cold air in)Abit Bx6r2.128mb Winbond pc133, Iwill 2930u scsi, USR Message Modem external, SB Live!, pioneer dvd104s, hollywood plus dvd card, plextor 40x cd rom, Yamaha 8x4x32 CDR, Maxtor Diamond Max 30GB!!@ 7200rpm, G400 @ max settings. Win98/w2k Dual boot. All wrapped up in a big case with loads of fans. Belinea 10 30 40 17" monitor, FPS100 sound system.

1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
            Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
            Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

I have always used the fan headers on my Abit boards, the BH6, the BE6, and now a BF6, and they have worked fine. If you want to connect your cpu to the cpu fan header it is the one right above where you have it plugged in now (you have to have a three wire fan for it to show your rpm).

Rags

Comment

I never have had probs with my BX6 (original) or BX6-r2 with respect to the Fan headers (or infact any problems full stop).
                birdy - sure you're not using dodgy high-current fans?
                bongo - are you using a fan which just goes inline with a HDD power connector?

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
                X