NEC FE950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC FE950

Just wondering if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with the NEC FE950 19" monitor.
    I'm looking to upgrade to a 19" in the next few days and have narrowed my choices down to the Viewsonic PS790, Samsung 900NF, and the NEC FE950. I've found enough reviews of the Samsung and Viewsonic to get a feel for there main pros and cons but haven't been able to find anything on the NEC.

Comments?

Hi,
    You might like to know that PC Pro magazine (Here in the UK) have just awarded the NEC MultiSync FE950 the 'Labs Winner' award.
    This was in a test against 19" monitors from:
    Acer, ADI, Belinea, CTX, Eizo, Iiyama, LG, Mitsubishi, Philips, Princetron, Sony, Taxan & Viewsonic.
    Final Verdict: 'A monitor capable of a high level of image quality at a very seductive price; the only thing we didn't like was the captive cable'
    'The MultiSync FE950 may not boast the most impressive feature set in this test, but it's street price tag of just £310 for such a high-quality monitor is astonishing.
    Along with the ADI G910, it's a clear award winner'

Hope this helps ya a bit.

Paul
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Oh and.....
      Although the Samsung monitor wasn't tested, the Viewsonic PF790 was.
      The end virdict on this was:
      'Above-average image quality, but neither this nor the rather weak feature set can justify the high price tag'
      The say that it had a rather fuzzy appearance, it failed to reproduce single pixel-spaced vertical lines all the way accross the screen without them blurring into a single grey mass.
      End quote:
      'Take our advice, go for the ADI G910 or NEC FE950 instead, this monitor is not worth the street price tag of £375'

Paul

Comment

Thanks. I was originally looking at the Viewsonic PF790 as well but the reviews seemed to indicate that it wasn't the best of choices.

In comparing features of my 3 final choices, they all seem fairly close (with, maybe, the PS790 being a bit more feature rich) and, pricewise, they're all close (the NEC and Samsung at $649 Canadian and the Viewsonic at $689.

Is there a web site with the review on it?

Comment

Hi,
          The 19" monitor round up is in the latest issue of PC Pro.
          I'm a subscriber, so I get it about a week before it hits the news stand.
          They do put all of their reviews on their web site, but I've just been for a look and it isn't there yet.
          I would expect it to appear in about a weeks time once the magazine has hit the shelves.
          Their web site is at: www.pcpro.co.uk

Paul

Comment

Thanks, did a bit of searching and found their web site after my last message.

Comment

Working...
            X