Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how Appian can get dual monitors to work with Win95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how Appian can get dual monitors to work with Win95?

They do it with the Geronimo Pro PCI card. The bloody thing is at least 5 years old. I want a modern (Matrox) card to do this. Why not? Clue me in. Clue Matrox in. They don't seem to know, or don't want to let on they know.

Geronimo is the same concept as the G100 and G200 MMS cards. Multiple graphics chips (basically multiple video cards) sharing one PCB.

But, like the Geronimo, Win95 is also 5 years old. It's a dead OS, which you cannot expect anyone to create new drivers or software specifically for. To put resources towards such a project would most certainly not be profitable in todays market of 98 and 2K.

If you want a modern Matrox card to do what you want, move to a more modern OS...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin - Yeah, that makes sense to most users, however, there are a large faction in government who have to keep Win95 to maintain compatibility with their old and huge Oracle databases. Not a dead operating system for us. This is a significant number of people (more than two thousand in my agency alone). Most of whom will be moved to multiple monitors.

Oh well, I guess I'm pissing in the wind.

One thing though, with all the experience wih Win95, you would think it wouldn't take all that much time to modify the drivers.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 12 May 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X