Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k driver for ATI, BAHAHAHAHAHA

just read this on hardocp....

And not to leave ATI out, it seems as if they are going belly up on their attempt at putting together Win2K drivers for the Rage Fury Fury Maxx Maxx. Here is a mail passed along by Xanathar:

Dear Customer,

You have previously contacted our Microsoft Windows 2000 feedback email address to comment or inquire about RAGE FURY MAXX drivers and support for the Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system.

I regret to inform you that our plan to provide a RAGE FURY MAXX driver for the Windows 2000 operating system cannot be completed. Due to issues with enumerating the chip ID's, of the dual RAGE 128 PRO graphics chips, we are unable to complete the driver for our RAGE FURY MAXX card.

ATI sincerely apologizes for promising a driver to you and then being unable to complete it. This was an unforeseen technical issue during the development of the Windows 2000 RAGE FURY MAXX drivers.

For those customers who wish to contact me directly to comment on this situation, please email me at cservice@ati.com. I welcome your comments and feedback.

Sincerely,
    Rick Osborne
    ATI Customer Service Manager
    bummer
    PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

D'ohh!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

**boing** goodbye ronnie
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Holy crap. Never, ever, ever ATI.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ronnie says

"It works fine on my system"

HaHaHaha
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I thought the standard VGA driver was sufficient for the ATI's capabilities.

Comment

Yes, saw this yesterday. Another very lame ATI demonstration... Promise first, swallow your words later. Go Matrox, go !

------------------
              Corwin the Brute

Corwin the Brute

Comment

Makes you wonder how they ever expect to sell this Radeon 256. If they can't write drivers, they are NOT gonna break into the hardcore gaming market.

The Rock
                www.3dforce.com
                Bart

Comment

Working...
                X