• Show
Clear All

• Turtle Beach not detected

System is Pentium II 350mhz
    Mobo unknown(bx chipset)
    128 megs dram
    56k modem
    etc.
    Installed Turtle Beach Montego bayII+ soundcard.(By the book install)
    System resources are available(irq 5-irq 9)
    This is the 2nd card installed of the same type,neither recognized.
    On boot up,Windows doesn't detect hardware,
    tried adding via Add new hardware,still no go.
    Installed drivers,no go,still not recognized!
    Anyone familiar with this sound card?
    Am I missing something?
    Installed exactly as the manual instructed!

Alfie, what OS?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry,win98

Comment

Alfie, if there was another card in it's place beforehand, make sure all references to it have been removed prior to installing this one. then retry usin TB proceedure. If that doesnt work, try to install the multifunction adapter inf file for it. I've had to do this using Aureals reference drivers before.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Here's the scenario,I do part time tech work in a friend's shop.
          A client of his had brought in his system,hence the vague description.
          The client had attempted to install the card,but had no luck.
          I booted in safemode and discovered his previous sound card was stiil present(yamaha) uninstalled drivers and devices,checked in registry and removed entries there.
          Installed T.B.montegoII. Windows didn't detect device,attempted to install using add new hardware,still didn't detect it.Tried it on all available pci slots(3)didn't detect it in any.Loaded drivers from cd still nothing.Double checked bios,all was set to auto pnp os installed?yes.
          Assumed card may have a fault and had client return it to place of purchase,he came back with a brand new(retail package)Turtlebay Montego II +.Following manual to the letter,re-installed.Windows didn't detect it,went through the whole procedure again.
          Placed a call to Turtle Beach tech support and left our Phone #,still waiting to here from them.
          I'm wondering if as the drivers of the previous Montego are still installed,this may be preventing detection.
          I've even hoped for a conflict!But absolutely nothing!
          I think the only advise ,I can give at this time is for him to exchange it for a different brand sound card(Creative, I think)
          Even tried the Turtle Beach in a different computer just to see if it was recognized,but no go!
          Tomorrow I'll uninstall the previous TB drivers and see if anything happens.
          This isn't meant to be like this!

Comment

As a close to this chapter,Gave up on it.
            I suspect there's a fault with the card!
            Thanks to all that tried to help,but if it's dead,it's dead!

Comment

Working...
            X