Good news for Abit KA7 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for Abit KA7 owners

I noticed over at BXBoards that they had a beta BIOS for the KA7 which allowed you to change the L2 cache divider, being the adventurous type I clicked on the link and downloaded it. I flashed the new BIOS and went into setup and now under the Soft Menu III there is a setting labelled L2 Cache Identifier. Following the instructions on the web page I set it to 9 for 2/5's. Rebooted and ran WCPUID and lo and behold it said L2 speed as 2/5. Previously it would not post past 650Mhz,(L2 cache speed 1/2), it's now stable at 700Mhz.

As ever being a beta BIOS it's to be used at your own risk and may have some side effects so the cautious amongst you may want to wait until it's out of beta

Makes me glad I waited and bought the KA7

[This message has been edited by Taz (edited 09 May 2000).]
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

If the KA7 is voltage compatible with the Thunderbird chips I'll probably pick one up to replace my POS Biostar...thing.

I put a KA7 into a friends computer and it worked really well. The bastard took the computer away before I could overclock it, but oh well.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X