• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BIOS releases from Asus ...

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...hipset/i440BX/

for P2B-S, P2B-L and P2B-LS ...

Further they released 1006 beta 02 for the P3B-F

Also they pumped out BIOS 1005 final for their K7V !!!

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...llo_KX133/K7V/

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Interesting. Jorden found this elsewhere a month ago. Wondered when it would show up at home base. Still haven't tried it yet because there wasn't any release notes and I haven't done a recent backup. The current release notes only state "Latest May updates".

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 05 May 2000).]
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Hi Xortam,

they started to finalize with the plain P2B, later on they updated the other flavors ...
      http://www.asuscom.de/Products/Mothe...ios_slot1.html

Gives you an idea what was done in those P2B series updates, but all I found for the 1012s was:

Add microcode updates.
      ... whatever that means ...

Cheers,
      Maggi
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I was able to find the P2B-S version (1012s.003) at that time. It is apparently different (doesn't binarily compare) than the current 1012 file for P2B-S (bx2s1012.awd). I'm still on 1010 so I think I'll take the risk and try the update after I backup my system (big stack of CDRWs).
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The release 1012 for the P2B-S/LS was suppose to update the Adaptec SCSI from the 2.11 BIOS (done with the 1009 release) to the 2.20 BIOS.

Can't say for sure though since I have a P3B-F now and my P2B-LS will be on it's way to Canada soon with the 1011 BIOS. Only had beta releases out last time I shut it down.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 05 May 2000).]
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

Gee SCompRacer, now you're getting me anxious. I wonder if this new BIOS might allow me to finally connect my Wangtek 6200 DAT. I could never get it to work on this system. A friend of mine has the same DAT and a P2B-LS and had the same problem. I sure do miss backing up to DAT.

Comment

The 1012 does update the SCSI bios to 2.20

Thanks guys, now I'll just have to see if this one finally fixed the last remaining bug with the board (occasionally hanging at boot-up).

Pertti

Comment

Where do you find the information regarding the update to SCSI BIOS 2.20? And where is there a description of the SCSI changes? I've looked through www.asus.com.tw but I haven't spotted it. Thanks. (Hoping to get that backup done today).

Comment

Xortam,

I found the information on my screen, after having flashed the Bios with the new one.

Pertti

Comment

The info about the SCSI BIOS update was in a read me in the beta folder on their ftp site.

I expected the 1012 to be a bin file like the 1009 BIOS update that first updated the SCSI BIOS to 2.11. Instead the 1012 is an awd file.
                    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                    Matrox P
                    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                    LianLiPC70

Comment

Well, xortam, I've been running BIOS 1012 for the past month and have no problems. Seems that the added microcode updates (whatever they are) work spiffy

Jord.
                      -------------
                      Oh, look who's back ...
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I haven't tried out the update yet since I'm still trying to back up my system. I'm having problems with Direct CD ( quiet Gurm ) ... it sometimes thinks I formatted an audio CD and once brought up Matrox diagnostics when the format had "completed" (curious). I think the PD 5.52 drivers are the only software updates I've done since my last successful Direct CD format. A previously formatted CD works just fine. I tried the Direct CD update (from 2.5c to 2.5d) but still same results; time for an uninstall and reinstall. I really hope this BIOS update cures my DAT woes because I'm really tired of using CD-RWs for backup. Could somebody post the specific SCSI BIOS changes if you have them? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X